A possible last minute opportunity on River Eachaig.

TowySewin

Reaction score
Last season I offered for free some of my 'rod days/weeks' on the River Eachaig and the reports are here on this website. I think all had quite poisitive experiences and really enjoyed the location.
There is a distinct possibility that I may not make my next week, week commencing 23rd August. Yes, very short notice...There is a boat and engine available for free too on Loch Eck. I have fished and ghillied on it for nearly 40 years; I doubt anyone alive with such knowledge of river and loch.
I hope one person in particular gets in touch, but all, of course welcome.
If the opportunity appeals, get in touch via PM please.,
Regards Rog
PS if you were there last season on my rod, please mention in your PM, memory failing.....

TowySewin

Reaction score
I am very pleased to say that 2 of last seasons guests are away to fight the Argyll midges again next week.
Thanks for your comment Ian and how true it may be after so long with little flows. A small rise on the Eachaig after such a prolonged lack of water could make for some impressive views of running fish, in a water height, that normaly would be too low.
I have only seen it 3 times but I have heard tales from locals saying same thing.
I hope this weekends rain is good for fish and angler.

Last edited:

ibm59

Reaction score
I am very pleased to say that 2 of last seasons guests are away to fight the Argyll midges again next week.
Thanks for your comment Ian and how true it may be after so long with little flows. A small rise on the Eachaig after such a prolonged lack of water could make for some impressive views of running fish, in a water height, that normaly would be too low.
I have only seen it 3 times but I have heard tales from locals saying same thing.
I hope this weekends rain is good for fish and angler.
How did your guests fare , Rog ?

Ian43

Reaction score
The River Eachaig Fishery Syndicate has a new and interesting website that includes the video which was taken down from YouTube because it apparently lead to an increase in poachers! www.eachaigfishing.com. There's an interesting bit about the history of the river and how it used to be netted. In the late 1800s a local fishmonger was given the netting rights and hauled in 8,700 sea trout in one season.

goodwin8288

Reaction score
There is a plaque on the wall in the fishing hut giving a bit of info which says that between 1977 and 1984 10740 sea trout netted with many of them weighing more than 10lbs and in July 1977 one single sweep the net had 520 seatrout in weighing at least two thirds of a ton and in 1977 a seatrout of 17.25 lbs was netted and in 1975 a seatrout of a whopping 28.25 lbs was netted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!