A place that should be on every Anglers bucket list

old kipper

Reaction score
Just checked out the rates, July-August 7 nights for 5 rods = $87,000 cad.

Bucket list , thank god I had a bucket,a nearly SH*T myself!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Denfield Bud

Reaction score
Washed Aff

Just checked out the rates, July-August 7 nights for 5 rods = $87,000 cad.

Bucket list , thank god I had a bucket,a nearly SH*T myself!!!!!!!!!!

I was greetin getting washed of three days at Hoddom???

Imagine getting prepared with all new gear rods,clothing etc into thousands of pounds,getting to Labrador and find it's been pissing down all weekend.
Sorry laddie you'll no be fishin this week.
Nice place to go sightseeing.
You would just walk down to the river and do a Hugh Falkus.:p

Reaction score
That looks like the Earn in October. Ha

And anyway, the lodge is too close to the rapids, that you'd never get a good nights kip..

On a serious note however, I would be of the opinion that in actual fact the satisfication gained here is none too dissimilar to that found with; a small boat, a dapping rod, an over exaggerated loch ordie, and a loch full of Broonies. All for the more realistic sum of approximately £15. I certainly know where I'll be this summer..

anodizedchrome

Reaction score
See if you won the lottery though, and money was no issue, would you lads not jump on a heli and go there for a throw?

Reaction score
See if you won the lottery though, and money was no issue, would you lads not jump on a heli and go there for a throw?

If I won't the lottery I would jump on a heli and buy them out..cash!! I would then drop the prices so us normal decent working men could get a piece of the action :cool:

kgm

Reaction score
Most likely named such by white settlers, good people from the Isle-of-Lewis, expelled from their lands by the wealthy "sheep farmers" during the highland clearances.

I must go over and re-stake my claim:)

Tyke

Reaction score
Thats the same river where Loop filmed Breaking The Surface

Looks Amazing..maybe time to sell that spare Kidney...;)

I'm stuck at home suffering with a cold which broke out last night (after a day gettin absolutely soaked when the birds didn't want to fly & the Ospreys got stuffed!) so tonight I consoled myself with a nice bottle of red & a couple (so far) of Capercaillies (large grouse); sadly now I doubt my kidneys' would fetch enough for an early April day's fishing on the Grantown Association water!

Got to go now, that bottle is still looking alarmingly full; modern science says whisky can't cure the common cold - well neither can modern science & the dram tastes better than a pill.

Regards, Tyke.

anodizedchrome

Reaction score
Most likely named such by white settlers, good people from the Isle-of-Lewis, expelled from their lands by the wealthy "sheep farmers" during the highland clearances.

I must go over and re-stake my claim:)

Let me know when you have conquered and I shall book :rolleyes:

Rennie

Reaction score
Do you know,thats just like the River Calder in Wakefield at Chantry Bridge,the chemicals in the water keep the shopping trolleys and wrecked cars shiny clean,the local wild life is varied and at times right alongside you,the accommodation at the Chasely Hotel is beyond first class and of course there's the Famous "Westgate Run".Cost is lower though as international flights aren't that much of an issue,no day time Helicopter flights to reach the fishing either as the bus go's right past.Bookings can be taken through myself and I'm sure I can organise a SFF discount,I'll even organise an interpreter as well and provide luxury pegs for the anglers noses.The fishing for the Gudgeon population at times is simple breath taking.Dont dawdle now,places are being snapped up fast!.Pedro.

Last edited: