A new place for video action at SFF

Springer

Reaction score
Guys,

The SFF Video Gallery has been created to bring you the best of salmon related action in once easy to use category. We will endeavor to keep this section updated with fresh content to make it easy for our members to enjoy the best of YouTube and Vimeo.

Strathglass

Reaction score
Great addition to the forum... :cool:

is this just for pro or semi pro videos or is it also open to good quality or interesting amateur offerings?

Would be good if there was nae junk posted to clutter it up.

Springer

Reaction score
Great addition to the forum... :cool:

is this just for pro or semi pro videos or is it also open to good quality or interesting amateur offerings?

Would be good if there was nae junk posted to clutter it up.

Good question Neill, I would like to keep this a section of high quality movies that are filmed well and in HD - 10 minutes of SD shakey hand footage with an iphone has no appeal to me and Im sure most members. Equally I think the quality of the subject matter etc should be considered.

I did think about locking down the option for members to contribute and then ask them to email a link to admin for anything they consider worthy, that way I can keep a tighter control over what is published.

The last thing I want here is a forum full of YouTube crap as Im sure most members would agree?

Strathglass

Reaction score
The last thing I want here is a forum full of YouTube crap as Im sure most members would agree?

That was exactly what I was getting at to be honest. It would be nice to have a resource where you can find quality items without having to wade through mountains of junk as is the case with Youtube sometimes.

As for locking down submissions for approval I guess that's your call whether it's easier to do it that way or to reserve the option to delete anything that falls into the "junk" category. ;)

Perhaps a middle ground with a section for shaky/amateur offerings that might still be of interest to members?

Strathglass

Reaction score
Full Screen Youtube

Is there any way of selecting the embedded youtube videos to play full screen via forum page without having to select the "Watch on Youtube" link? :confused:

Vimeo is fine as it seems to always have the maximise option available but youtube videos seem to be hit or miss...

Greatwhite

Reaction score
It's brilliant to have this well pleased I can't wait to see the lads this year on there trips all over the country should make excellent viewing this could be the best thread of them all ;) cheers Alan :)

eat the profit

Reaction score
I agree i know a few people who are kitted out with all the latest Go Pro gear, should be some cracking videos this season, maybe a wee bit of a competition for the best one, voting system to get all the members involved.:)

Lurig

Reaction score
This New addition to the Forum is fantastic & gives everyone easy access to some great & also very relevant footage without trawling the internet looking for it.

:):cool: