A few Nymphs for the grayling

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Got a wee hour at the vice yesterday

DSC_0603.jpg

andy345

Reaction score
Beaded ptn is always hard to beat on the river, particularly with a couple of turns of orange hends spectra behind the bead. Nice flies

Lamson v10

Reaction score
love them all but my fav are the hyros(OE Style) and those beaded PTNs:cool:

The OE copies take some beating at times and are a right a good banker pattern which I like tying and fishing bt like i like most of most of his patterns

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
The OE copies take some beating at times and are a right a good banker pattern which I like tying and fishing bt like i like most of most of his patterns

Heptagenids (most of my legs turn up a mess)are a real catcher on my stone bottom local 30+ :cool:on some days,granted these could easily be made up of same fish catches,theres a couple of old fish that turn up regular on my day:rolleyes:

andy345

Reaction score
This little ptn variant has scored pretty well for me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 630

1kofly

Reaction score
Hi,
as I am fishing quite a lot for grayling in Poland I can share my experience from my field. In general I prefer dark nymphs (pheasent tail, black, olive etc) and from my point of view the presentation of the fly and the right size is about 80% of success. Even when dry fly fishing I recognize the same + the wings and body proportions are crucial (right floating). Great nymphs by the way, I would use them without a question:)
Cheers, Paweł.

Mickyo

Reaction score
Hi, I fancy trying my hand a fishing or grayling over the next few months. What is the best gear for this? also what size are the hooks that you use for you flies?
I have some light gear a Shakespeare 7'6" trion #3/4 fast action rod and a Flueger matching reel. Will these be ok. If not what is the best size rod/reel/line combination.

Thanks

Mick