A few days in August

Method man

Reaction score
There’s not much happening on the forum at the moment so thought I’d contribute our difficult few days fishing.
Our party had a few days at the end of August, after the worst drought in decades & low expectations we fished with as much enthusiasm as we could muster.
Such difficult conditions but we gave it a good effort

A mention for icemankv who got his first & well deserved spey salmon

I **** ed off an angry fella who I’m pretty sure wanted to bite me

The top rod was ‘perseverance porteous’ who showed us all up by trying everything he could think of when everyone else had retired to the benches for ‘refreshments’......
He had a couple of salmon, a grilse, a wee clean sea trout & a good size s.t too
I’m sure I’ll be corrected if that’s wrong

Rs2ford also gave it a good going over but unfortunately we had very difficult conditions as all you spey anglers are aware & it was a real struggle for the full party

It was still a brilliant trip regardless with great lads, great craic & a brilliant beat hopefully next season will be more rewarding

Last edited:

kramdrazzi

Generally, I’m sloshed.
Reaction score
Excellent. It is really for reports like this that I joined and continue to be a part of this forum.

As someone who hasn’t managed to get out much this season and hasn’t come close to catching a fish, I thank you.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
You certainly wouldn't want to stick your fingers between his chopps MM :lol:, great report thank's for taking the time to post :thumb:

Lurig

Reaction score
Lets hope that we do not have the drought conditions on the Spey next season which we endured this year but it is good to see that some fishers managed to catch Salmon in the poor conditions.

Nice Report, :)