DSCF4457_edited-2.jpg
DSCF4677_edited-2.jpg
DSCF2124_edited-2.jpg

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You do a splendid rendition Ryan,

I've made every one of them through the years but caught the most fish with the Gray Ghost. The hands down streamer of this style for me over a 40 year period of time has been the Nine Three originated I think by Herbie Welch from Mass. I believe he was. Tied the fly at the Stevens Camp on Upper Dam inspired no doubt by Mrs. Stevens and reportedly caught a 9 pound 3 ounce Salmon on the first cast of the fly thus the name Nine Three. I still use it here in Alaska for steelhead trout.

luney

Reaction score
Ryan you are certainly a master of your craft sir. I never get tired at looking at your offerings. 👍

luney

Reaction score
You do a splendid rendition Ryan,

I've made every one of them through the years but caught the most fish with the Gray Ghost. The hands down streamer of this style for me over a 40 year period of time has been the Nine Three originated I think by Herbie Welch from Mass. I believe he was. Tied the fly at the Stevens Camp on Upper Dam inspired no doubt by Mrs. Stevens and reportedly caught a 9 pound 3 ounce Salmon on the first cast of the fly thus the name Nine Three. I still use it here in Alaska for steelhead trout.
Do you have any pictures of the 9 3 please Ard,