9-10 Oct River Tweed advice where to go

newinhere

Reaction score
Hi everyone it’s been 10 years since I posted on here and your advice then allowed me to have a great days sport on Glenormiston. I’m back in Edinburgh these days and looking at 9-10 Oct for a day out. Still a few rods about but where should I go with the forecast as it is for all this rain? Looking as usual for local advice - where do you think I should go and why? Grateful for your help. Thanks.

Elibank

Reaction score
Glenormiston, Traquair, Holylee, Elibank, Ashiestiel, Nest, Fairnilee - check out the rods availability on Fishpal - or check on Cardrona on Tweedbeats.

If there’s a decent height of water, there’s a good chance of getting in front of one

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
Glenormiston, Traquair, Holylee, Elibank, Ashiestiel, Nest, Fairnilee - check out the rods availability on Fishpal - or check on Cardrona on Tweedbeats.

If there’s a decent height of water, there’s a good chance of getting in front of one

You missed out Horsbrugh. Plenty availability and the fish are starting to move into the upper river. With the rain forecast for next week the prospects are looking good.

One issue we have with not being a ghillied beat and selling permits via Fishpal, is anglers not reporting catches. Our conditions require anglers to txt in their returns, including zero catches at the end of the day. So far this year, not a single return has been received in this way. The only catches so far recorded are from myself and anglers that I have spoken to personally. I have complained to Fishpal and requested a call back but am still waiting.

Elibank

Reaction score
You missed out Horsbrugh. Plenty availability and the fish are starting to move into the upper river. With the rain forecast for next week the prospects are looking good.

One issue we have with not being a ghillied beat and selling permits via Fishpal, is anglers not reporting catches. Our conditions require anglers to txt in their returns, including zero catches at the end of the day. So far this year, not a single return has been received in this way. The only catches so far recorded are from myself and anglers that I have spoken to personally. I have complained to Fishpal and requested a call back but am still waiting.

Sorry about that, a senior moment on my part..