7th April Crathes Castle in rising snow melt

Billy Graham

Reaction score
Managed to land my first of the season on the River Dee at Crathes Castle, was full of optimism when I arrived and the gauge was at 2ft but the river Feugh was rising with snow melt and by lunch time the water was up at 3ft in the boat pool, fishing with the nasty stuff skagit and 15ft of T-17 sink tip and a simple black & yellow hair wing aluminium 1" tube at 4:30pm and probably 3 more steps & casts left before I gave up when thump thump fish on in the tail of the pool.

Crathes Castle 7th April 2018 - YouTube

New Era

Banned
Reaction score
Well done , looks a very likely Lie in front/alongside of that downstream boil , or as now an underwater croy ?

Purple paws

Reaction score
Managed to land my first of the season on the River Dee at Crathes Castle, was full of optimism when I arrived and the gauge was at 2ft but the river Feugh was rising with snow melt and by lunch time the water was up at 3ft in the boat pool, fishing with the nasty stuff skagit and 15ft of T-17 sink tip and a simple black & yellow hair wing aluminium 1" tube at 4:30pm and probably 3 more steps & casts left before I gave up when thump thump fish on in the tail of the pool.

Crathes Castle 7th April 2018 - YouTube
Perfect ending to a day's fishing