50lber off Aaroy in Norway

GN

Reaction score
Stuff of dreams
23F7D881-DBB8-4FCE-BC42-3D9A92608310.jpeg005B52F1-E889-4591-A6B8-05E5D10F04C4.jpeg

MCXFisher

Reaction score
When you see it sideways on it’s enormous. The Finnish angler who landed it is a formidable power lifter, and was using a 50 lbs leader. The fish was kept alive and taken to the local research station (it was of hatchery origin).

D

Deleted member 21259

What a dream fish.

It has a tail like my mother in laws moustache :help:

KChrome

Reaction score
When you see it sideways on it’s enormous. The Finnish angler who landed it is a formidable power lifter, and was using a 50 lbs leader. The fish was kept alive and taken to the local research station (it was of hatchery origin).
Hatchery origin eh.... Who said hatcheries don't work?
What a fish indeed and also what an achievement landing a 50lb + specimen on Europe's fastest flowing River! Well done that man, hats off!

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Red Frances

The scales bottomed out at 22.5 kg (they had the fish in a 6' sling while the weigher stood on the boardwalk). Current best estimate is around 25 Kg or 54-56 lbs: it was fresh with no kype growth. Apparently Aaroy fish tend to be stockier than the average and weight heavy for their length. The head on photo doesn't give a proper impression of its massive girth. The hand holding the tail doesn't belong to a small person!

Last edited:
G

guest2938

Although the black n white pictures are all very arty farty, id personally like to see a fish of that size and in that fresh prime condition in all its silver / chrome / blue / purple hue glory

If there`s access to more photos and in colour, then please share, dont do facebook

Well done that man, fish of many lifetimes

DCH

icemankv

Reaction score
Although the black n white pictures are all very arty farty, id personally like to see a fish of that size and in that fresh prime condition in all its silver / chrome / blue / purple hue glory

If there`s access to more photos and in colour, then please share, dont do facebook

Well done that man, fish of many lifetimes

DCH
Third photo is colour but only the head

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

woodcockandsewin

Reaction score
Here's a couple more shots. 127cm long. It will be weighed properly once it's returned to the river. Currently residing in the hatchery tank with a 16.6kg hen that looks like a grilse along side!!

50+1.jpg

50+2.JPG

50+3.jpg

50+4.jpg

Rennie

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but would that be an Atlantic or a Baltic Salmon ?, just curious that's all.Either way thats one hell of a fish and congrats to the captor, no mean feat at all hooking one in the 1st place, never mind playing and landing it in the River in question!.Well, it's all downhill and an anti climax now for the captor.Once he sobers up and the hang overs gone he should move on to a new challenge, ice berg spotting in the Kalahari Desert springs to mind as a hobby with a statistical chance of a similar success rate!.
Yours envious as lots of very envious thing's,Pedro.

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
Here's a couple more shots. 127cm long. It will be weighed properly once it's returned to the river. Currently residing in the hatchery tank with a 16.6kg hen that looks like a grilse along side!!

View attachment 37324

View attachment 37325

View attachment 37326

View attachment 37327

I can just see the headline in the local paper. "English man apprehended whilst fishing in fish tank with yellow fishing rod. No arrest was made as he lost the fish" :lol::lol::lol:

SOS

Reaction score
As they would say in this neck of the woods
THATS A ***** OF A FISH.

S

Sintrexorcised

Congratulations to the Angler, no mean feat to land that monster.

Is the fish showing signs of that nasty infection, pictures of which have been circulating. It looks a little reddish along its underside. I really hope not and this is in no way any criticism.

fishpond

Reaction score
Good to see there's something that large about. It looks vast - especially the shot in the partly open weighing sling....One can only dream of such a lump over here.

Richard

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk