2020 Salmon Counter Figures

Nigel Rush

Reaction score
Has anyone come across the 2020 figures from the Irish Salmon counters yet? It's usually published around this time of the year by fisheries Ireland. can't find it anywhere myself.

Inisisle

Reaction score
If you're interested, you'll find the figures for the Foyle system below, including the Faughan, Finn and Roe.
The River Faughan needs a run of 800 salmon to be sustainable. So I suppose you could say it did quite well last year.
Long may the improvement continue.

Nore Angler

Reaction score
If you're interested, you'll find the figures for the Foyle system below, including the Faughan, Finn and Roe.
The River Faughan needs a run of 800 salmon to be sustainable. So I suppose you could say it did quite well last year.
Long may the improvement continue.

Interesting figures 👍

lax0341

Reaction score
A friend of mine who lives in the north of Ireland told me, that there was no net fishing last year.
No legal but also no illegal... :cool:

iainmortimer

Reaction score
A friend of mine who lives in the north of Ireland told me, that there was no net fishing last year.
No legal but also no illegal... :cool:
I did wonder if it was something along those lines. It’s shame the authorities don’t do something similar to the bass fishery given how well that has recovered!

GeeBee

Reaction score
Interesting that the Mourne and Faughan nearly doubled, but the Finn fell.

GeeBee

Reaction score
Has anyone come across the 2020 figures from the Irish Salmon counters yet? It's usually published around this time of the year by fisheries Ireland. can't find it anywhere myself.

They are not on the IFI page yet Nigel, but the numbers are in this report :

It shows the 2020 conservation limits and the deficit or surplus fish (from the salmon counters) for 2020.

phatagrova

Reaction score
So the LA are saying a partial counter on the Mourne recorded *3915 , yet a tributary upstream the Owenkillow recorded 3729 , basically saying the majority of the run go up the Owenkillow of the recorded figures I don't think the Owenkillow would get that many fish, considering a lot of fish continue up the Strule , also allowing for the fact the Derg which is below the Owenkillow in the system takes its quto of fish as well

Inisisle

Reaction score
So the LA are saying a partial counter on the Mourne recorded *3915 , yet a tributary upstream the Owenkillow recorded 3729 , basically saying the majority of the run go up the Owenkillow of the recorded figures I don't think the Owenkillow would get that many fish, considering a lot of fish continue up the Strule , also allowing for the fact the Derg which is below the Owenkillow in the system takes its quto of fish as well
Well if a partial counter reckoned that 3915 ran the Mourne, maybe in reality ten times that number swam upstream.
Who knows?
Let the improvement continue.

phatagrova

Reaction score
Well if a partial counter reckoned that 3915 ran the Mourne, maybe in reality ten times that number swam upstream.
Who knows?
Let the improvement continue.
Well that's the whole thing . a pure guessing game , and dosent really answer facts , there's no doubt the system good a great run of fish, I fished that system throughout the summer and had a great season , the Owenkillow may be up on previous year, but those numbers seem hard to believe, It will be great to be believed and as you state may ten times ran the Mourne , I dont see the Dergs figures in the report