14 foot lpxe v3

John Nugent

Reaction score
Hi lads has anyone used the 14 foot lpxe v3 9/10 I am looking at getting one and what line would you use with this rod.
I am looking at the 14 foot 10 /11 too I would like to hear lad think

Down & Across

Reaction score
The v3 9/10 is a lovely rod. Quite fast. I use the short head (~45 foot) and medium head (~55 foot) Rio Spey lines (both 8/9 and 9/10 weights) which match well.

No doubt the Gaelforce Spey line and the shooting head would fly on this rod as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rennie

Reaction score
Any line with Guideline on the box will go like stink!.I have 13ft, 15ft, 16ft, and 17ft LPXe's and all cast brilliantly with Guidelines own lines!.
Pedro.

phil.b

Reaction score
I have the 14ft lpxe v3 and the guideline 3d or 3d+lines take some beating,although as a floater I like the vision ace clear version.For a spey line I use a carron jetstream 9/10 55ft head ,I tried the 14ft 10/11 but preferred the 15ft 10/11.

paddymc

Reaction score
I have the 14ft lpxe v3 and the guideline 3d or 3d+lines take some beating,although as a floater I like the vision ace clear version.For a spey line I use a carron jetstream 9/10 55ft head ,I tried the 14ft 10/11 but preferred the 15ft 10/11.
Are these v3 lpxe rods very stiff and fast?

Down & Across

Reaction score
Yes, they are fast, but still have enough feel IMO. I guess they were designed with scandi lines in mind, but they seem to work well with spey lines as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmcl

Reaction score
I have the 14' 9-10 and a Rio AFS 9-10 goes like stink off it - effortless too.

Rennie

Reaction score
Guideline rods in general will take exactly what it says on the tin! and will operate very well indeed at either end of their Gram or Grain weight windows. All I will say on the ratings is, look to a lines grain or gram rating, and not always the AFTM rating, Vision lines for instance are light for their AFTM rating, so look for the gram or grain weight.Any guideline 9/10 line will do the business in exemplary stylee.
As far as being stiff go's, well they're no stiffer than any other Scandi rod out there. However they will recover very very quickly, they track true and don't deflect.Just because a rod is described as fast action dosen't mean its poker stiff.By and large accepting the 17fter- which is a 12/13 rated Tournament rod, the rest of the range are surprisingly limber and flex nicely throughout their length.
The 13ft is sweet as a nut and would surprise many peoples perception of what they think LPXe's are like.The 14ft 9/10 LPXe will be absolutely perfect with 34 to 37 grams.
An awful lot of rod for very reasonable money!.
Pedro.