14' Century

foggie13

Reaction score
Hi all, Have seen alot of good feed back on 12'9 & 13 foot Century rods and was wandering if anybody has purchased a 14' footer? and what their comments are? Looking for a new purchase in the coming year, fish mostly with shooting head lines but maybe a 13' footer would be adequate.:rolleyes:

paddymc

Reaction score
Hi foggie. I have the 14 ft db century stealth. I bought it in august past and I am delighted with it. I have fished both butts with a hardy Mach 2 and with shooting heads in around 38 g. It has quickly become my rod of choice and although I like the 9/10 butt I much prefer the 8/9/10 butt. Real backbone and fast but with plenty of bend and feeling to know what the rod is doing. I can strongly recommend one.

speers

Reaction score
i have one also and love it , im the other way around tho and prefer the 9/10 stick, the reel bonus of these rods is the weights in the butt being able to balance it, the difference is very noiticable and is great being able to balance it to all your different reels.

crispin

Banned
Reaction score
The 12ft 9in got great reviews as a shooting head rod, you may find that that is the best choice for your purposes. And by all accounts you'll cover the same amount of water with it as its longer cousins.

Springer

Reaction score
I was under the impression from other posts that Springer had decided to stop running that rod range?

LG

I was never running it LG, the range of rods belong to Century who are very much alive and well.

My involvement was to design the blanks in conjunction with their design engineer and then create the overall cosmetic appearance. The composite cork was my idea along with the colour scheme, whippings, rings etc and the ABC balance system was my own design which I first produced in my workshop, Century have now adopted it as standard.

Now that the product is on the market and selling well I have decided to revert to being an independent and work on my own projects for 2011.

Im sure Century will do just fine without me as they have for the last 30yrs. They now have a great new product which is British made and competes favorably with what is currently out there at a sensible price.

leedsgarth

Reaction score
Century

They are of course a very strong brand and well respected and established company,
sea rods/blanks especially.

I assume they will continue to sell Stealth then.
do you think they will start to get them into tackle shops next year Springer or still sell just direct to the public?

thanks
LG

Springer

Reaction score
I assume they will continue to sell Stealth then.
do you think they will start to get them into tackle shops next year Springer or still sell just direct to the public?

Yes, Stealth is a Century registered mark. As for their distribution next year I dont know, the website is fast and easy and the 10 day 'chance your mind' option really takes away the need for a dealer outlets IMHO but it has nothing to do with me how they market them.

the ditch

Reaction score
century 14

I am only starting out myself i was lucky to pick one up early this year, any of the lads in my club that were lucky to have a cast thought that it was the Bs and Es "i still havent had my first fish yet".

phatagrova

Reaction score
century

springer you spent a lot of time and effort promoting this range of fly rods i am surprized to hear that you are no longer involved considering the intrest within the forum, those members who purchased the range of rod perhaps did so based on the development you put into the range, and that they were the ulitmate rod is this the end of your development into rods or is there a new range to follow

Last edited: