13' to 13'6

sewinfly

Reaction score
Probably a strange one and a bit old.

Sharpes Aquarex 13ft 9/10.
Lovely finish on the rod, I would say the 2 lined butt rings could be the next size up but that's just me.

Sewinfly. ..............

bankwheel

Reaction score
How would you compare the Salmologic to the Zenith bankwheel
Completely different things, Zenith is very powerful but smooth in casting, you can cast 34g on it but it is so sweet with 38
The SL’s fish lighter lines and are much lighter in the hand and although they cast Spey lines with ease, matched with the SL heads, there is nothing better, my days are over for using long heavy rods and lines, just not required any more.
there are so many good set ups now, but this is my 6th season with SL and I’m in no mood to change

JACK POWER

Reaction score
I almost agree with Simon .... every brand seems to have an optimum model and for me, at least among the double handers I've waved around, the Loomis NRX 13 8/9 is the pick of the bunch. I've not tried some of the rods mentioned here - I'd particularly like a play with a Vision. Let me put it this way, since I got a second NRX 13 8/9 four or five years ago I've not even looked at another rod in that category ... and I'm an incurable TT.

If the NRX 13 came as a travel rod it would almost be the perfect rod .... at least I think so