12ft #6/7 Esks custom build

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I Built this for a fellow club member or should say clubs member. He fishes pretty much everywhere I do.
Went for a green/red theme and I like the 2 colours together. Used mainly flor for top handle with a ring of nightfall top, middle and bottom and nightfall for the butt. I've also used green rubberised cork for the butt and tops and bottom and fitted the reel seat down locking. I'm looking forward to seeing this in action next year. I've another 2 rods finished just waiting on decals arriving. Will post up threads on them soon.
20201129_135937.jpg
20201129_135951.jpg
20201129_135714.jpg
20201129_135834.jpg

SEDGY

Reaction score
Will really be something to treasure.Especially like the colour combinations matching up with the blank colour and the curve profile of the handle...you have got it down to a fine art fair play to you.Keep up the good work 👌

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Will really be something to treasure.Especially like the colour combinations matching up with the blank colour and the curve profile of the handle...you have got it down to a fine art fair play to you.Keep up the good work 👌
Thanks Sedgy

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Very nice, what blanks are they built on?
I imported over 20 off the shelf blanks from a wholesaler. I believe they are south Korean. There are decent quality carbon blanks with a nice medium action you feel to the handle. The ones I've made so far the guys are delighted with.

G

GEK79

I Built this for a fellow club member or should say clubs member. He fishes pretty much everywhere I do.
Went for a green/red theme and I like the 2 colours together. Used mainly flor for top handle with a ring of nightfall top, middle and bottom and nightfall for the butt. I've also used green rubberised cork for the butt and tops and bottom and fitted the reel seat down locking. I'm looking forward to seeing this in action next year. I've another 2 rods finished just waiting on decals arriving. Will post up threads on them soon.View attachment 53224View attachment 53225View attachment 53226View attachment 53227
Fantastic lad really impress do they ever come with an Irish flag.. 😜😜

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Fantastic lad really impress do they ever come with an Irish flag.. 😜😜
I've never built a rod for an Irish chap yet mate. Although I do believe one is on the cards. I will ask if he would like an Irish flag on it. Maybe even do it Irish colours.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
That would be fantastic. I'll await the update. 👍
Reedwarbler on heres pal was asking and he's Irish so will wait and see. I've finished this first of my very own rods. I've had some blanks designed in nano carbon. Its a 12'9" 9/10 weight in this cool sparkly blue. Im waiting on some decals arriving for it.
I've also been experimenting with my new cork cutting jig and started an 11ft switch. I'm sure it won't be to everyone's taste but its for my young lad and he likes it.
20201124_180343.jpg
20201124_180333.jpg

G

GEK79

Reedwarbler on heres pal was asking and he's Irish so will wait and see. I've finished this first of my very own rods. I've had some blanks designed in nano carbon. Its a 12'9" 9/10 weight in this cool sparkly blue. Im waiting on some decals arriving for it.
I've also been experimenting with my new cork cutting jig and started an 11ft switch. I'm sure it won't be to everyone's taste but its for my young lad and he likes it.View attachment 53255View attachment 53256
That's fantastic.