10 foot single hander 7#

thursodog

Reaction score
Hi folks.
Looking for the above rod for my 14 year old lad as he's just started out on single handed rods, he handles my 8# stuff but I reckon he'd be better off on the 7#.
Anything considered but preferably a 4 piece guideline.
Thanks in advance
Td

MikeCC

Reaction score
If its a Guideline your after then theres a good as new Exceed 10ft #7 on ebay just now. Theres no bids on it and he’s open to offers. Its there a little while. There was also a 10ft #7 LXI in very nice nick that went yesterday for about £170.....bargain.

Rrrr

Reaction score
If you dont find what you are looking for in the guideline range then i would suggest the shakey agility 2 range. Dont let the low price put you off as they are great rods for the money and come with a short fighting butt plus a long one that turns it into some what of a short switch rod.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sand dancer

Reaction score
I got the 10ft 8 wt Aglility 2 for having a bash at sea trout in the salt. I’m chuffed with it! They are great value for money and a brilliant bit of kit. I haven’t used it on the river yet I already have a 10ft sea trout rod.

Therifle88

Reaction score
Diawa whisker fly 11ft 3 6-8 weight medium
Original whisker fly rod 10/10 condition bought purely by name and reputation though hasnt been used at all hence sale £60

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
I got the 10ft 8 wt Aglility 2 for having a bash at sea trout in the salt. I’m chuffed with it! They are great value for money and a brilliant bit of kit. I haven’t used it on the river yet I already have a 10ft sea trout rod.
I bought the Agility 11ft #7 weight on a whim a few years ago, it's a great bit of kit for the money and a perfect starter rod.. handled Grilse and Sea trout easily while being a bit of "switch" rod but definitely trout ratings

Last week I bought a wee Greys GR60 10ft #6 weight... it's a wee beast. Although it's only been christened in Bows I've no doubt itll handle summer light line fishing for Sea Trout and Grilse. A bit dearer than the Agility but worth every penny

Attachments

MikeCC

Reaction score
6’s are the new 7’s😃. I bought a Loop Cross SX 10’ #6 in the Loop outlet sale, its a peach. You get all the power of a 7 but its less tiring on the wrist. The GR60 is also great blank for the money, good choice.