Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the point

Default Whats the point

of this section?

Whilst at Heathrow yesterday I thought I'd buy a couple of bottles of whisky.

Not being much of a connoisseur I thought I'd have a browse through the "drams for the fishing" thread to see what forum members recommended. However I didn't have a great internet connection or a great deal of time so after browsing the lounge for about a dozen pages I gave up on the idea.

That whisky thread is a great thread. Should it not be in the great threads section?

Anyway I remember Scanny saying that Bunnahabhain was nice and somebody agreeing so I bought some and it is my new favourite whisky
    Thanks guys!

Ps, can anyone guide me to the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberwellie View Post
    of this section?

Not being much of a connoisseur I thought I'd have a browse through the "drams for the fishing" thread to see what forum members recommended. However I didn't have a great internet connection or a great deal of time so after browsing the lounge for about a dozen pages I gave up on the idea.

That whisky thread is a great thread. Should it not be in the great threads section?

Anyway I remember Scanny saying that Bunnahabhain was nice and somebody agreeing so I bought some and it is my new favourite whisky
    Thanks guys!

Use search and enter your word of the moment "Bunnahabhain". You'll get 2 threads (in fact 3 but one is your own, i.e. this one)

Take your pick -
    Favorite whiskys
    or
    Whiskey
    Last edited by kgm; 20-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Aaahh and suddenly all becomes clear

That search function sure is handy, first time I've used it. Somebody should start a thread about it...

Still think the great threads section is wasted though.

Not sure if you were trying to catch me out and give Jocky Scott a change at another laugh

I was sure there was a whisky thread somewhere about 10 or 12 pages long, I must have been mistaken.

Never mind, I found a nice one anyway.

I was sure there was a whisky thread somewhere about 10 or 12 pages long...
    This one:

Drams for the salmon fishing!!

As far as the great threads section goes, first main hurdle is that someone needs to post something that is actually worthwhile for inclusion and then members need to nominate it to put it in.

Or you can just do a Galabull and stick your own thread in here anyways!!

Thanks guys!

Another pearl of wisdom!

I've just started an 18yr Old Glenlivet, next one on your list!
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

of this section?

Thanks guys!

Posts like this really do my knapper in

Read this

The above is stuck at the very top of this (the relevant) section where it is very easy to see and self explanatory!

If you had nominated the thread it would have been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanny View Post
    Another pearl of wisdom!

I've just started an 18yr Old Glenlivet, next one on your list!
    i had a bottle of that it didnt last long the 15 year old is just as good and a good bit cheaper lol
    Give it your all and that you can sleep easy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Grilse Boy View Post
    i had a bottle of that it didnt last long the 15 year old is just as good and a good bit cheaper lol
    Further training required Mr GB, we'll have you off the Baby Whisky soon
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast