Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting heads

Default Shooting heads

Going to purchase my first shooting head having always previously fished with spey lines. Recently I've used multi tip spey lines.

What is the general opinion on multi tip shooting heads? Am I better getting a running line and head's of various densities or a multi tip (all in one) shooting head package?

Any help and advice is appreciated!

All you need for £80 and top quality product.

https://www.anglingactive.co.uk/airf...ad-system.html
    You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you donít try Hidden Content

The Rage kit mentioned above should do the job nicely or you might consider Hardy Mach Multi Spey Salmon Kits - Now HALF PRICE Limited Stocks which has the head integrated with the running line so avoids the clunk of a loop-to-loop connection.

I'm a big fan of the rio svt multi tip. The easiest casting line out there imo.

Also if you already have some form of 15 ft tips you only need buy the body and not the whole kit.

Default Hardy mach

All good advice there,but the Hardy Mach multi would be a good introduction to shooting head lines as it's a bit of a cross over imo.At half price it's a good buy,lovely to cast with all the 15'tips.

Quote Originally Posted by NEbody View Post
    The Rage kit mentioned above should do the job nicely or you might consider Hardy Mach Multi Spey Salmon Kits - Now HALF PRICE Limited Stocks which has the head integrated with the running line so avoids the clunk of a loop-to-loop connection.
    I got one of these a few weeks ago. It is so easy to cast it feels like cheating. Three 15' tips with the kit so it will cover most of my salmon fishing. Unfortunately no fish on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by budweiser View Post
    Going to purchase my first shooting head having always previously fished with spey lines. Recently I've used multi tip spey lines.

What is the general opinion on multi tip shooting heads? Am I better getting a running line and head's of various densities or a multi tip (all in one) shooting head package?

Any help and advice is appreciated!
    Get flying with a Rio Skagit Max, three 15ft In Touch Versitips in different sink rates, and a Rio connect Core shooting Line, dear, but will cast miles in any conditions!!

You want to know that this is the way to go for you so paying out for a multi head system is for later if that's the way you want to go so why don't you try on of Mike Barrio's excellent lines, his ISS Spey would be a great start and not that expensive.
    https://www.flylineshop.com/shop.htm...egory=10329716

Its an integrated(with running line) shooting head so you don't need to buy a running line before you even think about a shooting head.
    Just a thought.

G

Quote Originally Posted by VetteG View Post
    You want to know that this is the way to go for you so paying out for a multi head system is for later if that's the way you want to go so why don't you try on of Mike Barrio's excellent lines, his ISS Spey would be a great start and not that expensive.
    https://www.flylineshop.com/shop.htm...egory=10329716

Its an integrated(with running line) shooting head so you don't need to buy a running line before you even think about a shooting head.
    Just a thought.

G
    Ive got a barrio iss and it flys out. The running line is really good and dosent tangle like others. Only thing ive had to do is mark my loading point on the running line as in bad light its hard to see the change in colour between the light green head and cream running line.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gduthie View Post
    I got one of these a few weeks ago. It is so easy to cast it feels like cheating. Three 15' tips with the kit so it will cover most of my salmon fishing. Unfortunately no fish on it yet.
    Out of interest are these kits just a normal rage with 15' tips or are they a different profile.?I have a couple of f/inty rage heads which I fit with a 10' poly,great set up in the wind.Never-thought of putting a15' tip on the end,might be interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast