Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer

Default Beer

Anyone on here Injoy there craft beers , I had a few over the festive period and they are night and day to your usual big brands that I still injoy lol

Or better does anyone make there own ?

I enjoy my craft beer with an artizan loaf with a proper burger followed by a hand sliced scone..
    "What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?"

Jack Hargreaves OBE (31 December 191115 March 1994)

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    I enjoy my craft beer with an artizan loaf with a proper burger followed by a hand sliced scone..
    ooooh cheezy baguettes
    It's too high, its too low, its too windy, there's nae fish al no be back...... Till tomorrow

give harvestoun brewery a try
    we had a tasting session and top ones for me were scheihallion, light and dangerously easy to drink and old engine oil, dark and heavy but full of flavour
    they are from alva
    It's too high, its too low, its too windy, there's nae fish al no be back...... Till tomorrow

I'm rather partial to an Orkney Brewery Dark Island or a Northern Light. Opposite ends of the spectrum but both really good, bottled in Somerset, draft (if I'm lucky) in Scotland.

I drink bottles of corrona mostly but my brother in laws gave me half a dozen fancy real ales from some micro brewery he had visited , I slung them in the fridge and forgot about them for a few weeks as I don't normally like the taste of real ales as I prefer lager. One night I had no lager in fridge so I had the six bottles of real ale and it was stunning . Must ask him where he got it from.

Is it Harvestoun that did/do Bitter n Twisted?,thats a lovely pot of Ale.
    Local to me Ossett Brewery do Yorkshire Blonde,a cracking hoppy golden Ale.
    Along time favourite is Hopback Brewerys Summer Lightening.
    Hardly call them craft beers, but Timothy Taylors Landlord, a personal favourite for a long time and Theakstons Old Peculier,mmmm.
    Always been partial to the darker beers, but really impressed with the new popular golden hoppy beers.
    Pedro,hic!.

Default OP

I'm Old Peculiar all the way,or black sheep ale,love em all bottled beers, love it draught,we have at sedgefeild club craft beers on draught,never the same beer twice so its always a new beer when yer pop in...........great stuff
    "Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,if you get bitten just hate the bite"

There's been a real explosion of craft beers in Northern Ireland. The Whitewater brewery make some lovely beers as does a brewery not far from me called Northbound. There's an off license in the town that stocks a lot of craft beers and everytime you go in there seems to be a new local brew on offer.

My favourite is one from Co. Fermanagh called Inis Mac Saint.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Is it Harvestoun that did/do Bitter n Twisted?,thats a lovely pot of Ale.
    Local to me Ossett Brewery do Yorkshire Blonde,a cracking hoppy golden Ale.
    Along time favourite is Hopback Brewerys Summer Lightening.
    Hardly call them craft beers, but Timothy Taylors Landlord, a personal favourite for a long time and Theakstons Old Peculier,mmmm.
    Always been partial to the darker beers, but really impressed with the new popular golden hoppy beers.
    Pedro,hic!.
    You've just named my two favourites of all time, Summer Lightning and Timothy Taylor's Landlord!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast