Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  364
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Browns

Default Random Browns

Now that we can all load pictures more easily I thought I'd start a thread on brown trout photos, I'm always eager to see what's being caught out there.

Would be nice if theres a story behind the fish i.e. nice location, or something special about it etc. And no need to tell where caught if the poster wishes confidentiality.

I'll start off with a picture from my own library;

This is a brownie from the River Braan in Perthshire from last May. I didn't catch that one, my fishing buddy did, I just took the photo. It was caught on a size 16 olive klinkhammer. We were especially taken by its colour thus why I'm posting this one (no photoshopping, this is original pic).

20140418_131707-jpg

20140418_131711-jpg
    Last edited by AlanT; 14-01-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Default Colour

Great looking fish Alan. Stunning colour!

A nice brown from Missouri River, Montana. I caught it near Cascade in shallow water, took me well in to my backing in the first run.
    Attached Images Attached Images bild-6-jpg 

p1000519-2-jpg
    A wild Assynt brownie caught on a harry potter dry fly.

mull-jpg

This is I think what they call a Slob Trout? a Brownie that is living in brackish water which I took last year at the bottom sea pool.
    The fella was is a crackin condition and did he go some. Took a bumble with a crash fished in the wave, it was intended for his Sea Trout Cousin but I wasnt complaining.
    Last edited by Tyke777; 15-01-2015 at 10:27 AM.
    If You want to test the depth of water...... dont use both feet!!Hidden Content

Another good picture thread. I love 'em.

In 2000 I took a year off work and went backpacking round the world, aged 50, with just a rucsac and a 6wt Shakespeare travel fly rod. After 4 months in Asia and Oz I arrived in NZ for a month and ended up staying 4.

It was not a fishing trip but I fitted some in. Some great memories of catching wild fish - rainbows and browns. As with your first salmon, I shall never forget my first NZ wild brown.

Spotted it in the narrow stream just left of my knee, cast a bushy dry fly over it three times til it slowly rose and took it.

All the hostels were full that night but a kind local had offered us a bed so I presented the fish to her as a thank you. She invited us back that evening to eat the trout with her husband and friend. We sat on the sundeck and watched the sun go down on a glacier blue Lake Tekapo.

One of life's great memoriesmacaulay-browm-trout-jpg

PS The picture quality is not great. In 2000 the technology was 35mm transparency in my SLR and one of those compact cassette film cameras. So this is a scanned image from an old print. No affordable mobile phones then . Used internet cafes to keep in touch and phone cards to call home once a month. It was great to be completely out of touch and relax.
    Last edited by Reiver Flash; 15-01-2015 at 10:22 AM.

image-jpg

Caught this big old fella one night on a 3" black and orange snake fly and a slow sink line . Safely returned to feast on parr and baby ducks .

image-jpg

image-jpg

image-jpg

image-jpg

Just testing guys. Last year I spent longer fishing a few wee trout flies for the browns. Had plenty of sea trout too when not really targeting them. This coming season I plan to fish more for the trout. In past I rarely if ever fished for them. We'll see what water levels are like this year if low again forget the salmon.
    Last edited by Bradan_eire_alba; 15-01-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Some of the nice troot i've caught on my trips up north the last few years. All safely returned.
    Attached Images Attached Images image-jpg image-jpg image-jpg image-jpg image-jpg image-jpg 
    Last edited by hill loch gold; 15-01-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    An rud bhios na do bhroin, cha bhi e na do thiomhnadh

Quote Originally Posted by hill loch gold View Post
    A few troot from my trips up north. All safely returned.
    What a fantastic set of browns. All bigger than I normally catch up there. Well done

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast