Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1,216
Page 62 of 280 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salmonshrimp View Post
    Westminster wasted oil revenues but still time for fund says former Labour leader Neil Kinnock[/url]
    Neil Kinnock - the man who was soooo useless he never got elected, so had to go work for the EU

Please feel free to offer critique of this article, without name calling please...
    Revealed: The ACCOUNTING TRICK that Hides Scotland’s Wealth. : Business for Scotland
    "... the grand excuse for loitering in peaceful places."

One word - "negative"

Nothing positive whatsoever in that article.

Even if the figures quoted are true, whats done is done. We cannot turn back time. What is important is the future and in my view the future is safer in the union.

Piker, I asked for a critique, not an opinion.
    I still do not believe you have offered anything other than fear as a reason to stay in the union.

Critique - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

" Critique is commonly understood as fault finding and negative judgement "

based on the above definition i think I can safely say that article is a pile of pants

I thought you were better than that Piker apparently I was wrong
    Last edited by salmonshrimp; 05-11-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Wrong again Piker! It does not mean a negative judgement, just a judgement one way or the other.
    I suppose if you say it is pants, then it must be. That probably makes things simpler for you.

Everything posted on these pro-Independence websites is biased and misleading.

If you want to quote sources of information, at least try and quote journalists or academics that at least pretend to be seeing both sides of the argument. The Nats always link to Wings over Scotland, Newsnet or this Business for Scotland one because virtually everyone else has gave up on their stories. They therefore need to invent their own news sites to try and keep themselves in the running somehow. Sad.

VC

So Victor, to get this right, whenever an advocate for the NO campaign is published or quoted we should all take heed, but, when an advocate for the YES campaign states any facts, forecasts or opinions, we should ignore them as biased views. That sounds like the sort of plan that led to the misinformation leading up to the 1979 vote and the decision to bury the McCrone report for 30 years.

Fruin,

No, these Nat websites are just propaganda, they put forward across a biased opinion, and are divisive. I don't begrudge anyone their right to put across there point on here, and if an article from either side appears in the conventional Press, I am at least prepared to believe that at least some sort of effort has been made to achieve balance.

Most of the info published on these Nat websites is just poisonous drivel, and I would ask you as a pro-Indy supporter if you really think that they are doing you any sort of service at all. They are actually working against you. They may raise the moral of the already- converted, but everyone else can see them for exactly what they are.

VC