Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  1,196
Page 215 of 219 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2187

Severe gales yesterday up to 75mph but no damage done. A couple of trees blown down on the roads near our village and a bit of flooding on the road to Lincoln. A large pool on the front drive and part of the garden under a bit of water for a while. Much better today with winds only 40 mph...…….windy until Wednesday so not going out. More rain on Thursday so may be stuck in for several days but better safe than sorry!
    Hoping to get into my workshop to make some more mounts. No more mice in the garage.

Gales today up to 56mph so not going out...……...not sure how a mobility scooter reacts in very high winds and don't really want to find out!! We have had a tiny bit of snow but it soon cleared up and the sun came out .Windy tomorrow and wet on Thursday so may get out on Friday. More wind and rain this coming weekend.

Dry and fine today but again very windy so didn't go out. Just as well as the postman had two parcels for us. I had to stay in as Mrs Mac had taken her car for it's annual service and wasn't back until 3.00pm. Wet tomorrow so still no chance of getting out.
    I was told I had to hold the fort!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcminnow View Post
    Dry and fine today but again very windy so didn't go out. Just as well as the postman had two parcels for us. I had to stay in as Mrs Mac had taken her car for it's annual service and wasn't back until 3.00pm. Wet tomorrow so still no chance of getting out.
    I was told I had to hold the fort!!
    Dry and fine in cheshire as well McM.
    Very pleasant strolling across the fields.
    Cold in the shade though.
    Rain overnight for us then dry again tomorrow.
    Hope to get electric fence around a field we rent tomorrow so the oldest lambs can go out in after storm Denis.
    Last edited by salarchaser; 12-02-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

A decent day in Blackpool today after five days of constant Gales. Yesterday I drove down the road on the front from Bispham to Gynn Square this stretch of road as 60 ft cliffs above the sea and the waves were topping the cliffs with sea spray blowing across the road like fast moving fog.

Good to hear that others are surviving despite the wind and rain. We've got strong winds for the next four or five days especially at the weekend.

A bit breezy today but still managed to get out to the café for a latte and a chat. Then went out into the park but didn't stay long as it was a bit cold. Gales and rain forecast for the next few days so won't be going out again for a while. At least it looks like being a bit warmer.
    My brother in law is coming to see us on Sunday after a business trip to Yorkshire so soup and sandwiches for lunch.

The cafe will go out of business if you don't go buy you latte's

Quote Originally Posted by Bruino View Post
    The cafe will go out of business if you don't go buy you latte's
    Not just me...………..the mobility scooter members meet up there as it's warm!!

We don't seem to have had too much trouble from "Dennis" around Lincoln. The winds have not been too bad but we have had some flooding in parts of Lincolnshire, blocking some of our main roads. My brother in law decided not to come and has made his way back to Hampshire as it will no doubt take him longer than normal owing to the flooded roads.
    It's going to be windy for another two or three days so probably won't get out for a while.