Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  1,116
Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203
Results 2,021 to 2,028 of 2028

Much cooler today at just 21C so have been out again for a latte and meet up with the scooties

A big military meeting on at Waddington and both yesterday afternoon and this morning we had lots of aircraft arriving, mainly fighters. We're told the USA, Germany, Italy, Israel and the RAF involved.

Mrs Mac has had a call from her brother and has been invited to Hampshire again at the beginning of October. She will be arranging for my care lady to call again to make sure I'm ok.

We've been keeping an eye on the garden for the past few days looking for birds. All we've seen is the odd blackbird and sparrow so it looks as if the starlings have moved on. I don't think they like the hot weather. I mentioned the violent thunderstorm yesterday which went on for two hours. I've since learned that a house in the village was hit by lightning and the fire brigade was called out......scary stuff.
    We've also heard that parts of Lincoln were flooded, but we just had lots of big puddles in the drive.

Today was cool at around 18C but was supposed to be dry. Instead we had frequent showers of rain
    throughout the day so stayed inside reading and watching TV.
    A mixed weekend for our village cricket teams....the first eleven and Sunday eleven both won, but the second eleven lost.
    The cool weather is forecast to continue for the rest of the coming week so I'll need to get wrapped up
    when I go out.
    We're hoping it will stay dry this week as we would like to paint the potting shed.

A bit cool yesterday but warmer today so have been able to get out for a latte and a chat.
    Being cooler, yesterday was a good day for painting so we made a start on the potting shed. We managed to paint all of it and Mrs Mac has gone out today to give it a second coat.
    Mrs Mac is going out tomorrow so will be having a quiet day on my own. It's forecast to be fine so will go for another latte and meet up with the scooterers.

Lots of aircraft flying about both yesterday and today, all from Waddington where they are having a get- together, as described earlier. We've also seen the odd AWAC but the Cranwell trainers are keeping well
    clear.

Quite cool these past few days with daytime temperatures at about 16C and it's been quite windy, with a cool north wind. Despite the cool, I got wrapped up and have been out every day for a latte and to meet up with whoever was braving the cold. Nights have also been quite cool, down to 8C so no more sleeping on top of the bed.
    Still lots of activity in the air from Waddington, with a lot of formation flying over and near our village. We understand it will continue until 18th Sept. so more to be seen.
    Mrs. Mac is helping organise a village picnic today as she serves on the committee for the new village garden scheme. The parish council bought some land between the village and the river Witham and it's been turned into a park area for villagers. She's does typing and shorthand so is the Secretary for the Group. She likes doing it as it means she meets and gets to know lots of people. She also does fund raising and has been very successful.
    We've had some repairs done to the potting shed as some bits had gone rotten.....anyway it's ok now.
    It's the last weekend of the season for village cricket so am hoping for some successes.

Another good weekend for our village cricket teams. Our first eleven won by 5 runs and the second eleven won by default as the opponents couldn't raise a team. The first eleven are now second in their league so smiles all round at the club.
    We've just had a call to say Mrs Mac's brother will be calling at 11.00am so rushing round to tidy up!!

The weather has stayed cool for the past few days, reaching 16C during the day and down to 5C at night but I've still managed to get out for a latte and meet up with friends. Today I went for my monthly haircut, but Mrs Mac had to take me in the car as we had a heavy shower.
    While pedalling the conservatory this morning I saw an amazing sight. About 15 Canada Geese flew right over the house in formation but very low. I estimated about 40/50 feet up as I could see them all quite clearly. They must have come from the nearby river and I hope it's not a sign of an early winter.
    No sign of any blackbirds or starlings in the garden for a few weeks and all we have is the sparrows.
    Still lots of activity in the air from all the aircraft at nearby Waddington. They set of around 9.00am and come back just before 1.00pm, presumably in time for lunch!
    Last edited by mcminnow; 11-09-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Has anyone heard how the Cumbrian Derwent has got on this year so far?

Still quite cool during the day and at night but it's stayed fine and sunny with lots of blue sky. Have been out the past three days for my usual latte and have made one or two new friends, some just dog walkers of which there are many.
    Lots of activity yesterday in the sky with the aircraft from Waddington and I saw ten fighters flying over the village while I was out for a spin.
    Sorry, I can't help with the Cumbrian Derwent.