Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  1,116
Page 202 of 203 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2028

Lots of white butterflies and we've seen two Painted Ladies.

Our recent weather forecasts have been all over the place. It's rained when it was supposed to be fine and been warm and sunny when it was forecast to rain.
    Despite the ups and downs, I've managed to get out for the past three days although I did get caught in a light shower today.
    Had a call from my doctor today and was a bit apprehensive until he said he's run to congratulate me on my progress over the past year...……….apparently the nurse I saw for my annual medical had put a good
    word in for me!

Young George and his mum and dad are on holiday at Looe in Cornwall. Apparently he's taken a liking for fish and loves mackerel and whiting. Obviously he's not a fussy eater despite being only four years old. They sent us pictures of his dinner plate and the portions are twice what I eat!!

The up and down weather forecast have continued for the past two days, so I've been able to get out to the café and to meet up with friends.
    Tomorrow we have 55mph winds forecast for most of the day so not sure how that will affect our local cricket. I think I'll give it a miss and go on Sunday instead.
    Terror in the garden this afternoon when we had a female sparrowhawk visit us and it killed one of our starling chicks. This is only the third time we've seen one in the past six years which is just as well.

As expected, rain over the weekend put paid to our local cricket teams. There was some play but both our first and second eleven ended up being rained off, so the points were shared. Our Sunday eleven lost heavily yesterday, losing by 7 wickets.
    Much cooler today at about 18C and we've seen lots of starling chicks and it's forecast to be cooler for all of this week. Night time temperatures are expected to be around 9/10C so no more sleeping on top of the bed!

Mixed weather this week, dry Tuesday and Thursday, wet Wednesday and today. Managed to get out for a ride round on Tuesday and Thursday but had to get wrapped up as it's much cooler this week at around 16/17C. After all the hot weather we've had it's surprising how cold it feels this week. Had to abandon my shorts and short sleeved T shirts!
    In the garden the sparrows appear to be doing well as we saw a flock of eleven yesterday, sat on the fence. Not so many starlings or blackbirds. Flowers, plants, shrubs and bushes all doing well owing to frequent rain this month.

we have loads of sparrows, starlings, & blackbirds here, I think mostly due to the fact that
    we have very few cats going about, also plenty of big thick hawthorn hedges, in the evening, all the telephone
    wires are full of starlings.
    been heavy rain this morning, only just stopped a short time ago. weather not looking good for the weekend.

We've spent much of the past few days watching the garden from the conservatory. No blackbirds and only a few odd starlings but the absence of these had led to an increase in the number of sparrows. Several flocks of four or five and one flock of eleven sat on the garden fence. We have no hedges or telephone wires, only shrubs and a few small trees so nowhere for the larger birds to perch.

Mrs Mac has been busy in the garden with some new flowers. She's bought about a dozen new varieties
    in order to increase the colourfulness. She's also mowed the lawn as the frequent rain showers over the past week have made the grass grow more quickly.

Not a good weekend for our village cricket teams as both the first and second got beaten on Saturday and our Sunday eleven didn't have a match.

After two grey, cool days when we had the odd light shower, it's turned very warm today with lots of blue sky. I've been able to get out every day for a latte and have met up with some friends, also on mobility scooters. We've attracted two additional members to our little group, with one lady coming with her grandson aboard! It's forecast to be very hot for the next few days so I may have to stay in.

After several weeks of seeing white butterflies in the garden, this last week has seen several brown, orange and red butterflies. They move so fast that we haven't been able to get a really good look at them, but we'll keep looking.

The past four days have temperatures of 30C on every day!. Despite the heat, I've managed to get out on two days and went and parked up under some trees to shade from the sun. Because it's a Bank Holiday weekend I didn't see many of my fellow scooter riders...………...only saw two and the rest must be away.
    An excellent weekend for our village cricket teams as our first, second and Sunday teams all won by some margin. Four of our players scored 80 or more.
    Despite the heat Mrs Mac been busy in the garden, mowing the lawn and doing a lot of pruning and weeding. Everything is looking much better.
    I spent some time in my workshop making some fins for a fellow forum member and because of the heat I was able to have the main door and side door fully open.

Very warm again yesterday (29C) but we ended up with a violent thunderstorm in the evening with loads of lightning and heavy rain!! Much better today at only 22C so went out for a spin and a latte. A few RAF transport aircraft flying over and a couple of the Cranwell trainers. Didn't meet up with any or scooters but spoke to a few of my dog walking acquaintances who always stop to say hello.
    More rain forecast later today so looking good for the garden plants. Fine tomorrow and Friday so will be out again but more rain over the weekend so may affect our cricket.