Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  184
Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1241

Thread: Macd's Juke Box

I watched this girl sing backing vocals and play guitar as part of a Pink Floyd tribute band called Eclipse at Wigan Old Court last Saturday night. When she took to the front of the stage and did a solo the crowd went absolutely berserk and quite rightly so. Jade Thunder is a rising star.

It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

When all this election bollix is dragging you down.....

Please do not let the fact that Jools Holland makes boogie boogie look quite easy to play make you think that it is. It is hard as nails particularly at his standard

Last edited by Perrypokemon; 07-12-2019 at 10:48 PM.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Lovely man.
    Superb , and greatly influential , player.
    Miss him

Excellent article.

https://acousticguitar.com/a-survey-...o-the-present/
    Last edited by ibm59; 13-12-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Just the thing to set me up for a wet afternoon in Glasgow surrounded by the walking dead.
    Crank up the volume.

Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

I got pushed towards this piece by a really really good friend. I hope he doesn't mind me claiming it for my own since upon hearing it I immediately adopted it as mine. How could you not?

Annie Briggs was a real talent but a reluctant stage performer and as far as I know disappeared to the wilds of the West of Scotland having stopped singing in public over 40 years ago. She inspired Richard Thompson to write " Beeswing " , one of the great folk songs.

Last edited by carrowmore; 16-12-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own country) & Afrique

Politics comes, politics goes.

Whoever you vote for, Government wins.

But hey, for all those unreconstructed folk who prefer to moan, here's an anti-catastrophist message:

The world still spins...
    "...hooking mortality is higher than you'd expect: further evidence that as a numbers game, catch-and-release fishing isn't always as straightforward as it seems"
    John Gierach

Fed up of debating C&R - see Hidden Content

Unless otherwise stated, data used in any graph/figure/table are Crown copyright, used with the permission of MSS and/or EA and/or ICES. MSS / EA / ICES are not responsible for interpretation of these data by third parties

Love this track Jackson C Frank - The Blues run the game

Default Jackson C Frank

Love this track Jackson C Frank - The Blues run the game