Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  115
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

This guy has quite a ballanced take on the whole thing as being an ex international smuggler, hes spent time with these type of guys either locked up or doing buisiness and alot of what he says seems to make sense.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rrrr; 04-12-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterchilton View Post
    Actually the Tories addressed the problem by changing the law in 2012...
    In 2018 out of 77 485 adults sentenced to prison, 92% qualified for an automatic early release half-way though their sentence.

They changed cosmetics, overcomplicated the process and made it more expensive. Results? See above.
    Last edited by pol_angler; 04-12-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pol_angler View Post
    In 2018 out of 77 485 adults sentenced to prison, 92% qualified for an automatic early release half-way though their sentence.

They changed cosmetics, overcomplicated the process and made it more expensive. Results? See above.
    Wasting your breath mate, he’s got his fingers in his ears going “Lalalalala”

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post

This guy has quite a ballanced take on the whole thing as being an ex international smuggler, hes spent time with these type of guys either locked up or doing buisiness and alot of what he says seems to make sense.

The phenomenon that he's describing, ie. convincing everybody he was sane, is a quaint custom of the cult that can't be named.
    It's called Taquia.
    Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Isisalar View Post
    The phenomenon that he's describing, ie. convincing everybody he was sane, is a quaint custom of the cult that can't be named.
    It's called Taquia.
    Look it up.
    Abit deep for tea time that one, just had a quick look ans ill have a propper read up later once ive got the kids sorted.

Joseph McCann did not attempt to convince anybody that he had reformed himself but the probation service who were grossly underfunded and significantly understaffed released him anyway. He went on a spree of rape and sexual assault on women and a young boy. The probation service have apparently apologised without reservation which I feel will be of no comfort whatsoever to his extended list of victims.

Joseph McCann guilty of sex attacks on 11 women and children - BBC News
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    Joseph McCann did not attempt to convince anybody that he had reformed himself but the probation service who were grossly underfunded and significantly understaffed released him anyway. He went on a spree of rape and sexual assault on women and a young boy. The probation service have apparently apologised without reservation which I feel will be of no comfort whatsoever to his extended list of victims.

Joseph McCann guilty of sex attacks on 11 women and children - BBC News
    Horrible story this is but sadly you need those to happen
    and make them to national news to trigger change. (???)

How many day-to-day stories don't make it? Last time my car got smashed with golf club by travellers while I was enjoying walk in the park, I was told by police it's actually my fault because that's what I should expect from living in Birmingham. They even recommended me a couple of nearby towns to move to and did not arrest me despite me admitting to a crime of living in B'ham. Very nice people.

I don't even blame the cops, they do what they can within budget given. It was just a car and the wife calmed down after a couple of days.
    Last edited by pol_angler; Yesterday at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pol_angler View Post
    Horrible story this is but sadly you need those to happen
    and make them to national news to trigger change. (???)

How many day-to-day stories don't make it? Last time my car got smashed with golf club by travellers while I was enjoying walk in the park, I was told by police it's actually my fault because that's what I should expect from living in Birmingham. They even recommended me a couple of nearby towns to move to and did not arrest me despite me admitting to a crime of living in B'ham. Very nice people.

I don't even blame the cops, they do what they can within budget given. It was just a car and the wife calmed down after a couple of days.

Your closing comment sums up my own feelings. If we slash the budgets of the police, probation service, MOJ and prison service reducing the staffing numbers in the police and courts then the government should cough up to it's own extensive failings. Instead they blame everybody else.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    Your closing comment sums up my own feelings. If we slash the budgets of the police, probation service, MOJ and prison service reducing the staffing numbers in the police and courts then the government should cough up to it's own extensive failings. Instead they blame everybody else.
    It's really not that simple. We need an economy and taxation system that can generate the funds required to give us the public services we need. You cannot have what you cannot pay for. Many generations of governments of all stripes have failed us

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    It's really not that simple. We need an economy and taxation system that can generate the funds required to give us the public services we need. You cannot have what you cannot pay for. Many generations of governments of all stripes have failed us

Actually yes it really is that simple. The first responsibility of a government, any government is to keep its population safe. In this respect our own government have failed me and failed you but more importantly failed 11 victims including a 71 year old woman and an 11 year old boy. Phrases like 'Oven ready' and 'Get Brexit done' and blaming everybody else for his failings might go a long way in pulling the wool over your eyes but I'm afraid that personally I just don't buy it. Joseph McCann did not go out on a vodka and cocaine fuelled violent nationwide spree of rape and sexual assault under successive governments. He went out and did under this government after the probation service and ministry of justice failed in their responsibilities. Both organisations have been bled dry of funding and are very much understaffed. This is not caused by successive governments either. It is caused by this one. You cannot have what you cannot pay for?

Let's have a Forum straw poll. Who among our Forum members feel that it is acceptable to allow a violent sexual predators loose to roam our streets because we 'cannot afford' to keep him under lock and key?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112