Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  904
Page 88 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Without wishing to disagree with your broad point (I've asked them to turn this place off shortly as part of my social media purge - for yes I am Queen - so it's important you know I agree with you) - the Traingate struggle was real. Virgin edited the CCTV footage they released - when the full footage was eventually released, it showed that the seats were reserved, lots of other people were sitting on the floor in vestibules as a result, and seats that looked unoccupied and unreserved in the original clip released actually had children in when viewed from the other end of the carriage.

So yes, fake news - but not Corbyn's fake news.

Won't happen again under my social media ban though.

Edited to add link to footage: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...tYILuMd5EosJiQ

Also explains the story in more detail. Corbyn's campaign manager shot the original vestibule footage and was so frustrated that it was being rubbished, he pursued Virgin for the full clip.
    Doesn't say anything of the sort Can't believe I got suckered into reading another (left leaning) link to discover that the defence against the allegation is nothing much - thats the last time! The point was that there were empty seats on the train and Corbyn tried to pull off a stunt by sitting on the floor like an idiot, or at least treat like idiots those he wanted to support him. The fact that some pr guy took the photos tells all.
    Last edited by ozzyian; 10-12-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    Avast ye scurvey dogs

Itís the labour voters turning to the tories because of Brexit that baffle me.
    Beats me too. 🙄
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyian View Post
    Doesn't say anything of the sort Can't believe I got suckered into reading another (left leaning) link to discover that the defence against the allegation is nothing much - thats the last time! The point was that there were empty seats on the train and Corbyn tried to pull off a stunt by sitting on the floor like an idiot, or at least treat like idiots those he wanted to support him. The fact that some pr guy took the photos tells all.
    Suckered into the huff post! I'm sorry... .Honestly - you can believe many things of Corbyn. I can. I was a fangirl and now I'm... a resigned Labour voter. I'm focusing on the bits of the manifesto I like, and the MPs I like, and sort of going lalalalalalala to the rest. I was going to vote GREEN. That was my plan. If I'm going to give my vote to a wildly optimistic manifesto, I'd chosen theirs. And then... all this.

Anyway. I'd believe many things, but not a fake set up on a train. Especially as the CCTV eventually supplied supports it - why was everyone else sat on the floor if there were available seats?! Do you catch trains very often? I used to use them twice a day for years, and now at least 3 or 4 times a month. An empty seat doesn't mean an available seat. I routinely walk through carriages where everything's reserved. Sometimes I chance it and sit in a reserved seat and hope the person doesn't get on at the indicated station but being prepared to move if they do - but Corbyn can't do that, because if you rocked up and a politician was in your seat, you'd go bonkers at their privilege.

Anyway. Super old news.

Just vote for whichever bunch of shape changing lizards you dislike the least.

I donít understand how any one human can be so bad youíll cheerfully accept outright liars. Though youíre a natural Conservative voter so I guess I do understand. Itís your team.

Itís the labour voters turning to the tories because of Brexit that baffle me. Johnson lies about everything. Brexit wonít be Ďdoneí any time soon, the EU are already rumbling about concessions re stuff like fisheries. His deal may be oven ready, but itís a turkey.

And yet. Despite the fact that over and over and over again he is proven to lie, people trust him on Brexit. I honestly donít get it. I understand leave voters feeling extremely let down. But to place their faith in Johnson as a result?! It actually defies logic. We donít think heís a duplicitous skunk. We actually know he is.

I dunno. Politics has stopped being fascinating. Iíve stopped feeling like Iím living through history; that I need to pay attention for the grandkids. Itís an actual cesspit now. Whatever happens on Thursday wonít improve it.
    Johnson has no intention of delivering brexit, and more importantly the tory paymasters have no intention of allowing him to do so, especially if a majority is achieved, brexit has no influence on my vote anymore, dont even know if I will bother.

Quote Originally Posted by happy days View Post
    Johnson has no intention of delivering brexit, and more importantly the tory paymasters have no intention of allowing him to do so, especially if a majority is achieved, brexit has no influence on my vote anymore, dont even know if I will bother.
    It's the election that shouldn't be - but if I don't vote where I live, it's essentially a vote for the Conservative Party, and I can't do that. At the last election, Tories got 49% of the vote here, and Labour 43%. Their majority is predicted to rise (though chatter on local forums is divided) and I can't contribute to that. I can't endorse this government. I'd vote for whoever else stands a chance, but the other parties play with a buttons percentage here.

Well, off for a good hill walk in the morning followed by tomorrow night in a mountain bothy in the Heelans. An evening away from the electioneering frenzy that curiously hasn't been directly experienced in our street (if indeed it is happening anywhere up here). As I look out from my lounge window I can clearly see Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument with the Ochills behind. Everything except canvassers. Yep, and yet I was looking forward to having a wee cup of tea with the Tory, and a commiserating blether with the Labour chaps urging them to adopt more sensible policies and even a moderately sensible leader. That would do the job. The S.N.P. I had decided would be chased with a flea in their ears for not being willing to accept any democratic result unless it suits them and for incessantly calling for another Neverendum. That is so tedious now. The Lib Dems would be treated similarly mostly due to the absolute deluded state of their leader. Poor b*ggers.
    And yet, not a knock at the door, not one at all from anybody. Plenty literature from the Tories though, on an almost daily basis, but I haven't even had to open a wee packet of custard creams to celebrate a personal visit. So, I have decided to get the boots on, pack the bag with a wee cairy oot and head for the hills. I'll drink to their health over a dram and a roaring fire tomorrow night, back in time to vote.
    Have a fun day when it comes everyone.
    Last edited by keirstream; 11-12-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    Respect My Authorita!!

It's the election that shouldn't be - but if I don't vote where I live, it's essentially a vote for the Conservative Party, and I can't do that. At the last election, Tories got 49% of the vote here, and Labour 43%. Their majority is predicted to rise (though chatter on local forums is divided) and I can't contribute to that. I can't endorse this government. I'd vote for whoever else stands a chance, but the other parties play with a buttons percentage here.
    Labour will romp home where I live but I can't stand the blairite bombing loving mp we have, I will probably write SDWMP on my paper, and "Anarchy in the uk", underneath with a big black felty.

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    Well, off for a good hill walk in the morning followed by tomorrow night in a mountain bothy in the Heelans. An evening away from the electioneering frenzy that curiously hasn't been directly experienced in our street (if indeed it is happening anywhere up here). As I look out from my lounge window I can clearly see Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument with the Ochills behind. Everything except canvassers. Yep, and yet I was looking forward to having a wee cup of tea with the Tory, and a commiserating blether with the Labour chaps urging them to adopt more sensible policies and even a moderately sensible leader. That would do the job. The S.N.P. I had decided would be chased with a flea in their ears for not being willing to accept any democratic result unless it suits them and for incessantly calling for another Neverendum. That is so tedious now. The Lib Dems would be treated similarly mostly due to the absolute deluded state of their leader. Poor b*ggers.
    And yet, not a knock at the door, not one at all from anybody. Plenty literature from the Tories though, on an almost daily basis, but I haven't even had to open a wee packet of custard creams to celebrate a personal visit. So, I have decided to get the boots on, pack the bag with a wee cairy oot and head for the hills. I'll drink to their health over a dram and a roaring fire tomorrow night, back in time to vote.
    Have a fun day when it comes everyone.
    I've had a leaflet from my labour MP with no mention of any Labour Party manifesto pledges. I guess, like his Brexit stance, he knows better and he'll ignore the fact he belongs to a political party and do what he knows is right if he gets to Westminster. He should have gone independent, I'd have more respect for him.
    Oh, and a letter from David Milliband which of course I didn't read.

It seems my local labour party are distancing themselves as much as possible from Corbyn and his policies.

Nothing from any other political party.

I stopped getting doorstepped several years ago when I gave both barrells to a labour councillor who could only give me one reason to vote for Labour - to keep the Tories out. I am not sure anyone knocks on doors anymore aside from for photo opportunities. Shame that.

Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own country) & Afrique

I have missed not being doorstepped by any of them this time round but had been looking forward to it. Haven;t had a good stooshie for ages.

Instead the interminable leaflets. Yorkshire Party is on my radar, and the Beyond Rent folk. But yes, again the Labour leaflet had only one minor mention of the elephant in the room: "prevent the chaos of a Tory Brexit" in the small print on p94.

My area is a rock-solid Labour seat with a huge majority. If there's a change it will be solely down to one avoidable factor and they will only have themselves to blame. I don't personally believe the anti-Corbyn hype and am pretty sure if he'd stuck to his guns and shown he's not in hock to Bliarites about that big elephant, he'd have walked it.

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    When does parliament knock off for the festive season bunfight ?

Perhaps more importantly, when does it reconvene?

Where is Mogg ?
    Normally , Iíd take his absence as a plus point

But.......................

Probably reclining on a couch in the "Real Liabilities Wing" of Parliament enjoying afternoon tea in the company of Starmer and Thornberry.

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Beats me too. 🙄
    Aye, but to be fair why they all voted to leave in the first place clearly baffles plenty of folk.

If Labour had presented a sensible policy on Brexit (Tony Benn-style and hard as nails) to appeal to the northern heartlands perhaps they would have not deserted the party so?

Still the truth will out tomorrow and then may be clearer.

Just hope it's not another hung one with a resulting 3-4 years of the fools mucking everything up...
    "...hooking mortality is higher than you'd expect: further evidence that as a numbers game, catch-and-release fishing isn't always as straightforward as it seems"
    John Gierach

Fed up of debating C&R - see Hidden Content

Unless otherwise stated, data used in any graph/figure/table are Crown copyright, used with the permission of MSS and/or EA and/or ICES. MSS / EA / ICES are not responsible for interpretation of these data by third parties

Page 88 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast