Thanks Thanks:  36
Likes Likes:  472
Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uplands50 View Post
    Itís all about direction of travel. Given itís unlikely to happen. But what direction do we want to go in?

For all the parties. Broadly. Since itís all a bag of nonsense. Whose nonsense creates the kind of future that sounds most like you want to live in it?

The Green Party manifesto is the same. Paints a vivid picture. Low on detail. Meh. Itís a place to aim for.

Whatever happens with Brexit, it will tie whoever is in power up in knots for years yet. Nothing will change immediately, at all. So broad brush pictures - what kind of intention do we want?

Free broadband. Why the buggery not? It would immediately inject life into rural areas and small businesses.
    Last edited by Safranfoer; 15-11-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Free Broadband and the taking of BT back into public ownership spells disaster for many many working families, how about the jobs of the people at Virgin, Talk Talk, Plusnet, Vodafone, Post Office, etc etc.

As for the blame game, surely we can all see the impact of open door immigration on the NHS, surely it can't be free for those that havent paid into it? Immigrants should bring with them the money that they paid their own governments for healthcare. So whilst promising vast amounts of tax payers (thats your money) funds to the NHS the Labour party are also promising open immigration ...... so the NHS won't get better under Labour at all.

Quote Originally Posted by peterchilton View Post

As for the blame game, surely we can all see the impact of open door immigration on the NHS, surely it can't be free for those that havent paid into it? Immigrants should bring with them the money that they paid their own governments for healthcare. So whilst promising vast amounts of tax payers (thats your money) funds to the NHS the Labour party are also promising open immigration ...... so the NHS won't get better under Labour at all.

Will the real Enoch Powell please stand up
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Whatever do you mean PP?

Whats Enoch Powell got to do with it? Please explain.
    Last edited by peterchilton; 15-11-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Take BT into public ownership £20bn plus £20bn for network - so £600 per person or around £2000 per houshold.

£500 pa for "free service" - or in other words paid for in extra tax.

Hopefully people will see teh real figures and understand it will cost them much much more.
    ##

Quote Originally Posted by pol_angler View Post
    Silence can install even more paranoia into small minds than words do. Good points, pol_angler, and good morning to you, too.
    firefly

Quote Originally Posted by peterchilton View Post
    Whatever do you mean PP?

Whats Enoch Powell got to do with it? Please explain.

I sometimes find spontaneity quite creative. On this occasion though I will confess I should have paused and thought just for a couple of seconds and come up with a more appropriate 'personality' How does Alf Garnett grab you?

It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Typically you still haven't explained what you mean. Can you? Or are you unable to for some reason?

Come on, spit it out, it won't hurt, you can put it alongside all your other misunderstandings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollowick View Post
    Take BT into public ownership £20bn plus £20bn for network - so £600 per person or around £2000 per houshold.

£500 pa for "free service" - or in other words paid for in extra tax.

Hopefully people will see teh real figures and understand it will cost them much much more.
    ##
    We can afford to come out of the worldís biggest trading block and weather whatever temporary storm that brings.

We canít afford to improve the opportunities and quality of life for the people living here.

Not buying it.

Taking BT into public ownership won't help the ordinary working folk who work for Virgin Media, Talk Talk, Plusnet, Vodafone, Post Office, etc etc.

I'm in mid wales and I get a superb Fibre Broadband service from BT, and I run my own business using it (IT/Media/Web) as do many farmers whose systems I maintain. How many businesses that chose to locate in the middle of nowhere for any reason are short of a usable broadband service? Anyone?

Has anyone actually researched how many small businesses would be helped by this? Looks a bit like free kittens to me.

free-kitten-jpg
    Last edited by peterchilton; 15-11-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast