Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  118
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Rugby 2018-19

You never see anyone in long sleeves in the modern game, officials included. That has been the case for a good few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Handel View Post
    You never see anyone in long sleeves in the modern game, officials included. That has been the case for a good few years.
    Hmmm, showing my age.

Any news on the jock straps?
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Quote Originally Posted by salarchaser View Post
    Hmmm, showing my age.

Any news on the jock straps?
    Trying to dodge that one. They are a thing of the past as well. All sorts of lycra based, tight fitting under shorts are available. I remember Brian Moore wearing cycling shorts years ago.

Re under short rugby wear: There are some pretty tidy swimming trunk type undies out there with laces with rugby written on them, instead of jock straps...they've been around for a whilewhen I (formally!) retired from the game in 2008 and they were around then!

So on to the rugby: the Welsh regions manage 3 out of 4 in the EU cup that's OK at the moment. Didn't see the Ba Baa's v Fiji game so no idea if it was a good match! On a local level next Saturday Llandeilo Angling Association is sponsoring the Llandeilo RFC v Furnace game, (we use the club house to hold our meetings) so a few beers whilst watching a game of local rugby! What could be better?
    Cheers
    Aled
    Last edited by Aled; 18-11-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Quote Originally Posted by Aled View Post
    Re under short rugby wear: There are some pretty tidy swimming trunk type undies out there with laces with rugby written on them, instead of jock straps...they've been around for a when I (formally!) retired from the game in 2008 and they were around then!

So on to the rugby: the Welsh regions manage 3 out of 4 in the EU cup that's OK at the moment. Didn't see the Ba Baa's v Fiji game so no idea if it was a good match! On a local level next Saturday Llandeilo Angling Association is sponsoring the Llandeilo RFC v Furnace game, (we use the club house to hold our meetings) so a few beers whilst watching a game of local rugby! What could be better?
    Cheers
    Aled
    I retired a bit before that Aled (10 years before).
    Warched quite a bit of european rugby this weekend. Today was the laziest day I've had all year. Recorded the baa baas game, but not sure if I'll get round to watching it.
    Nothing like a bit of local club rugby though.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

My angling club sponsored the local rugby match today, so a few beers in front of some rugby, great to catch up with some guys I played rugby with, and fellow angling club members. Sadly Llandeilo lost 11-6 to Furnace. Saracens don't seem to bothered by their off field issues!
    Cheers
    Aled

I went rough shooting today so no idea how well or badly Wales played today!!
    Cheers
    Aled

Final score Wales 43 Baa-Baa's 33.

I was there with some of my family and had a great day.
    Had food and a few beers in the Brewdog on Westgate Street.
    Then went to the match we were seated in the old stand 3 rows from the front.
    Trip was for my grandson as he's never been,then the 2 daughters and their fellas came a long to .

Think Pivac got a lot to do.

img-20191130-wa0013-jpg

Heath my grandson and both of us in Baa Baa Tops.

Sewinfly. ........
    Last edited by sewinfly; 01-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aled View Post
    I went rough shooting today so no idea how well or badly Wales played today!!
    Cheers
    Aled
    Looking at the results, reports and a few clips on the BBC website, what is for sure is that the four Welsh regions denuded of their best players played very poorly. Was this game really in the best interests of Welsh rugby? The four regions are rapidly ceasing to be credible. Three of the best young tight forwards in Wales moved to England at the end of last season. The form 10 in the English premiership was born and brought up in Wales but doesn't seem to want to play for them.

Cool World 7s

Just a reminder to those interested, the World 7s Series starts again in Dubai this Thursday, 10.30am Sky Sports. Then Friday and Saturday 6.30am.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425