Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  6,043
Page 1 of 734 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Default Brexit

Getting interesting...
    I thought Mrs May and her Tory crew would **** this up but even I'm underestimating how completely useless they are.
    Why on earth are we even contemplating any kind of negotiation. They should have turned up on day one and said "Right, we're off. Here's a cheque to cover our liabilities. Bye." Then we'd have had two years to extend the trading terms we already use for 60% of our existing world trade to the remaining 40% which is done through the EU. Easy. Businesses adapt quickly and thrive when there is certainty. Businesses hate uncertainty.
    May never had any intention of full Brexit. She just wants to keep her and her party in power in that order.
    Soft Brexit is the worst of all worlds. Johnson got it spot on, we'd be a colony with taxation and without representation. EU will take all they can while they can until we wake up and smell the coffee and either leave in full or stay in full.

The thing that scares me most is the thought of Jacob Reece Mogg becoming PM. He'll probably do a decent job on Brexit but holy ****, what will happen to the rest of our country while he is doing it? I'm moving to Scotland. If it rains soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    Getting interesting...
    I thought Mrs May and her Tory crew would **** this up but even I'm underestimating how completely useless they are.
    Why on earth are we even contemplating any kind of negotiation. They should have turned up on day one and said "Right, we're off. Here's a cheque to cover our liabilities. Bye." Then we'd have had two years to extend the trading terms we already use for 60% of our existing world trade to the remaining 40% which is done through the EU. Easy. Businesses adapt quickly and thrive when there is certainty. Businesses hate uncertainty.
    May never had any intention of full Brexit. She just wants to keep her and her party in power in that order.
    Soft Brexit is the worst of all worlds. Johnson got it spot on, we'd be a colony with taxation and without representation. EU will take all they can while they can until we wake up and smell the coffee and either leave in full or stay in full.

The thing that scares me most is the thought of Jacob Reece Mogg becoming PM. He'll probably do a decent job on Brexit but holy ****, what will happen to the rest of our country while he is doing it? I'm moving to Scotland. If it rains soon.
    I would swap Jacob Reece Mogg for Mrs May in a heartbeat.

Why would you want to move to Scotland our ***** are far worse than your *****.

Why would tw ats be censored ?

Quote Originally Posted by SOS View Post
    Why would you want to move to Scotland our ***** are far worse than your *****.
    **** it, I'll move to Wales then. I've heard the rivers are full of salmon and sea trout and at least it rains in Wales.

**** it, I'll move to Wales then. I've heard the rivers are full of salmon and sea trout and at least it rains in Wales.
    AH but can you speak welsh boyo?

Getting interesting...

Tend to agree. In addition to the internal party politics our wonderful open democracy has now pretty much destroyed our negotiating position.

I had misgivings about an open democracy attempting to negotiate with an autocracy and maybe this is the inevitable outcome - that it can't be done. We should have suspended some of the niceties for the duration and given ourselves a fighting chance.

Whatever openly discussed, kicked around, horse traded and compromised position we go to Barnier with and him knowing that it must go back to Parliament he will naturally say 'non, we want more' They've got the whip hand.

Therefore I sort of agree that we're heading for the worst outcome and I'm wondering how that shower in Westminster will be able to recommend we walk with no deal - can't see it myself.

There's no help across the benches either. A week does not go by on Question Time without some random imploring the panel to stop the grubby politics and work for the betterment of the deal. Every week at the dispatch box Corbyn and his mates seek to undermine the Government and it's position on the issue - for their own political benefit. In hindsight this should have been cross party project.

May is as week as a sh1t the morning after having a Vindaloo all spice and no substance.

May is as week as a sh1t the morning after having a Vindaloo all spice and no substance.
    I'm afraid you are wrong. A vindaloo sh1t has more spice!

We're doomed, doomed I tell you.

AH but can you speak welsh boyo?
    I once tried a Welsh accent. Never again, it was far more sub-continent than principality. Geordie and Welsh accents really don't mix.

Page 1 of 734 1231151101501 ... LastLast