Thanks Thanks:  406
Likes Likes:  5,919
Page 613 of 722 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663713 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 7219

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    If you dont understand now you never will.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    “If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”

David Davis

I would vote to stay in the single market. I'm in favour of the single market.

Bozo (speaking before the referendum)

Don't believe me? Believe your own eyes

All the times Boris Johnson called for Britain to stay in the single market - Business Insider
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    “If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”

David Davis
    The only way you could prove your theory is by having a general election which is being stifled by people afraid of the result.

The only way you could prove your theory is by having a general election which is being stifled by people afraid of the result.

We’ve already had a GE since the referendum, which showed a big swing to the left and a mandate given to the government of leaving with a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    We’ve already had a GE since the referendum, which showed a big swing to the left and a mandate given to the government of leaving with a deal.
    The GE had a mandate from the left which people thought was to leave the EU. A lot has changed since then with the left swinging away from it original manifesto to a remain manifesto. This will lose them a large number of seats and they know it.

No. I feel very strongly that the only way to prove whether people have changed their mind on Brexit is by having another referendum on EU membership.

Whether we should do this is another matter. But if we want to check with peeps again, it has to be a referendum on that question. Governments should not be elected on a single issue. It's insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    No. I feel very strongly that the only way to prove whether people have changed their mind on Brexit is by having another referendum on EU membership.

Whether we should do this is another matter. But if we want to check with peeps again, it has to be a referendum on that question. Governments should not be elected on a single issue. It's insanity.
    Absolutely.
    The operative word being that single ‘ if ‘

A general election will only serve to muddy the waters further.
    If , indeed , that is in any way possible.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Absolutely.
    The operative word being that single ‘ if ‘

A general election will only serve to muddy the waters further.
    If , indeed , that is in any way possible.
    And there is the problem. Two differing views on the same subject and both sides think they are right.
    We had a referendum the result of which has not been delivered. A second would be the same outcome which ever side won. A GE would change the set up of parliament and result in a majority for leave or remain. If the likely outcome was a hung parliament it would be up to a coalition to decide.

0cf59336-8e49-4dd5-bfc2-b005a4eddf10-jpeg

Incidentally , my gut instinct tells me that the referendum result should stand.
    It’s the manner of it’s implementation that that gives me cause for concern , and ..........

...I feel that only a second referendum on the subject will give clarity 3 and a bit years on from the original ballot.
    It should never have been a single party issue , and negotiations shouldn’t be if a second vote comes to pass.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    0cf59336-8e49-4dd5-bfc2-b005a4eddf10-jpeg

Incidentally , my gut instinct tells me that the referendum result should stand.
    It’s the manner of it’s implementation that that gives me cause for concern , and ..........

...I feel that only a second referendum on the subject will give clarity 3 and a bit years on from the original ballot.
    It should never have been a single party issue , and negotiations shouldn’t be if a second vote comes to pass.
    Leave.EU - Here's what Dave used to say... | Facebook