Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  6,043
Page 611 of 734 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621661711 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 7337

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    Do you think Bozo is telling lies? Personally I would be shocked if he is. It's not like he's got previous form for it or anything.

Brexit: Boris Johnson lied about his alleged lie to the Queen – Brian Wilson - The Scotsman

Boris Johnson lies about saying historic child abuse probe cash is 'spaffed up the wall' | Latest Brexit news and top stories | The New European

Boris Johnson: The most infamous lies and untruths by the Conservative leadership candidate | The Independent

Hey wait a minute!!! He seems to be spaffing lies up the wall with every breath he takes. Next he'll be saying that the kids aren't his, we sell lies whoops sorry pies to countries that we don't actually and some old toffee about kippers.
    I hope you’re not pointing the finger at anyone there G?

(sorry, too soon?)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    You've lost me completely there. Are you saying Scotland voted for independence but the result was rigged? How was it rigged?
    There had to be a specific % of population actually vote. Only time I'm aware of that clause being used in the UK. Or in other words rigged. In hindsight Mr Cameron should have used it too.

Name a politician from any of the partys who's not a lying barsteward? Their all in it for their own personal gain and care fu ck all about the people who voted and pay their wages, they fling out a lovely ( bullsh it ) reading manifestos to bullsh it the public into voting for them and cary fu ck all through, British politics is rotten to the core and full of job's for the boys (and girls)
    Last edited by Lamson v10; 15-09-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    I hope you’re not pointing the finger at anyone there G?

(sorry, too soon?)

Got out of hospital at 5.30pm what a bloody nightmare that was. They gave me the gas that they give to pregnant women in labour. Then went to work on it with furious zeal. Half twelve this morning I got home from dinner with my ex missus to be met by my drunken next door neighbour who invited me in for a drink. We polished off a bottle of posh Japanese gin and both drunk and playing silly bu55ers she squeezed said digit. It would be inappropriate to comment any further.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    There had to be a specific % of population actually vote. Only time I'm aware of that clause being used in the UK. Or in other words rigged. In hindsight Mr Cameron should have used it too.
    I think turnout was around 85% and 55% voted no. I'm not sure how that could be described either as rigged or a win for yes. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    Name a politician from any of the partys who's not a lying barsteward? Their all in it for their own personal gain and care fu ck all about the people who voted and pay their wages, they fling out a lovely ( bullsh it ) reading manifestos to bullsh it the public into voting for them and cary fu ck all through, British politics is rotten to the core and full of job's for the boys (and girls)

Arnold there are undoubtedly some politicians who lie. There are however a lot who do not. There are also some who could earn or have earned far more in private business than from their political careers. One poor woman who prior to going into politics had spent all her working life in overseas charities was murdered by a far right extremist who was heard to shout 'Britain first' as he killed her. Every piece I have seen written about her says how she only ever seemed like she wanted to do the right thing by and for her constituents.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

I know this is the guardian but it's interesting reading about my constituency, Sedgefield, and the one next door Bishop Auckland.
    Both have been safe labour seats for a very, very long time.
    I confidently predict that both will have Conservative MPs after the next GE.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I think turnout was around 85% and 55% voted no. I'm not sure how that could be described either as rigged or a win for yes. Am I missing something?
    Turnout was 64% and 52 percent voted for devolution. However there had to be 40% of total population to vote yes for it to count. Imagine if the same was applied to the EU referendum, or more importantly, why was it only applied to the Scottish one.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Aye , a history lesson.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Aye , a history lesson.
    A quick look at Norway and the 40% is readily explained.