Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  6,043
Page 610 of 734 FirstFirst ... 110510560600608609610611612620660710 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 7337

Thread: Brexit

Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Scottish nationalists calling English nationalists, nationalists

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    He's another who sounds quite bitter at losing a referendum.

Scotland should decide it's own future. I just wonder how many referenda there will be after the first referendum that Scottish Nationalists win? Answer = 0.

Quote Originally Posted by peterchilton View Post
    Scottish nationalists calling English nationalists, nationalists
    Quite frankly Mr Chilton I don't think you understand fully. Nationalism in Scotland comprise of oppressed but unbowed brave souls fighting for what's right whereas in Englandshire it comprises of Millwall supporters with tats on their knuckles. Is that a bit clearer now?

Last edited by ozzyian; 14-09-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    Avast ye scurvey dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    He's another who sounds quite bitter at losing a referendum.

Scotland should decide it's own future. I just wonder how many referenda there will be after the first referendum that Scottish Nationalists win? Answer = 0.
    There's already been one!

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    There's already been one!
    Yeah and the nationalists lost so they want another. I just wonder if we will continue to have regular referendums even after the nationalists eventually win one? Nah, of course not. Right now, the Scottish people have the choice to stay or leave but after the first independence win, the Scottish people will never again be presented with the option to be part of GB. I think this is part of the problem for the Scottish Nationalists as independence reduces the options and there really will be no going back, ever. That's a big hurdle to get over.

At least with the UK leaving the EU, there will be an option to rejoin sometime in the future should things not work out so well after we leave. This is highly democratic and the right thing to do. Should we all experience actual brexit (not just project fear) and it doesn't work out well, a 2nd referendum on rejoining after say 10 years would be the democratic thing to do.

Oh, and shame on that prof for stoking up anti English sentiment by saying what he does. Being from up north (English north) I fully understand the problem with Westminster and those in the bubble but you guys have it far far better than we do out in the English regions. I look at what Scotland has in terms of self governance and funding with great envy. You've had pretty much self governance in Scotland for far longer than one economic cycle so if there are problems in Scotland, he should be banging on the door of Holyrood not Westminster.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    Yeah and the nationalists lost so they want another. I just wonder if we will continue to have regular referendums even after the nationalists eventually win one? Nah, of course not. Right now, the Scottish people have the choice to stay or leave but after the first independence win, the Scottish people will never again be presented with the option to be part of GB. I think this is part of the problem for the Scottish Nationalists as independence reduces the options and there really will be no going back, ever. That's a big hurdle to get over.

At least with the UK leaving the EU, there will be an option to rejoin sometime in the future should things not work out so well after we leave. This is highly democratic and the right thing to do. Should we all experience actual brexit (not just project fear) and it doesn't work out well, a 2nd referendum on rejoining after say 10 years would be the democratic thing to do.

Oh, and shame on that prof for stoking up anti English sentiment by saying what he does. Being from up north (English north) I fully understand the problem with Westminster and those in the bubble but you guys have it far far better than we do out in the English regions. I look at what Scotland has in terms of self governance and funding with great envy. You've had pretty much self governance in Scotland for far longer than one economic cycle so if there are problems in Scotland, he should be banging on the door of Holyrood not Westminster.
    No they won it.
    However it was rigged to avoid the result counting.
    If the EU referendum had been done on the same terms we wouldn't be leaving the EU.
    Go do a bit of researching Walleye!!!

Cheers

Mows

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    No they won it.
    However it was rigged to avoid the result counting.
    If the EU referendum had been done on the same terms we wouldn't be leaving the EU.
    Go do a bit of researching Walleye!!!

Cheers

Mows
    You've lost me completely there. Are you saying Scotland voted for independence but the result was rigged? How was it rigged?

Thought for the day: If no deal is better than a bad deal, why would the EU sign up to a bad deal for them? Johnsonís core negotiation tactic is not built on logic and never has been

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    Thought for the day: If no deal is better than a bad deal, why would the EU sign up to a bad deal for them? Johnsonís core negotiation tactic is not built on logic and never has been

Do you think Bozo is telling lies? Personally I would be shocked if he is. It's not like he's got previous form for it or anything.

Brexit: Boris Johnson lied about his alleged lie to the Queen – Brian Wilson - The Scotsman

Boris Johnson lies about saying historic child abuse probe cash is 'spaffed up the wall' | Latest Brexit news and top stories | The New European

Boris Johnson: The most infamous lies and untruths by the Conservative leadership candidate | The Independent

Hey wait a minute!!! He seems to be spaffing lies up the wall with every breath he takes. Next he'll be saying that the kids aren't his, we sell lies whoops sorry pies to countries that we don't actually and some old toffee about kippers.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed