Thanks Thanks:  410
Likes Likes:  5,975
Page 601 of 728 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611651701 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 7274

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Thereís no such thing as walking away. That is actually impossible. No deal means leaving without a withdrawal agreement. Issues like the Irish border, movement of people and the settlement will still have to be resolved before we can negotiate trade deals with the EU. In a no deal scenario, they would be done under a very distinct cloud, having seriously inconvenienced the people we wish to negotiate with. We would have no leverage that I can see. I donít understand no deal being our trump card. If we leave on 31 October, on the 1st we still have lol this stuff to sort out if we wish to trade with them. We just do it with really long queues at the ports.

We canít just walk away. We entered a legal relationship that shaped much of our way of existing.
    Surely article 50 negates all that as it is the EUs terms as laid down that if no deal then we leave and as to leverage that has already been taken away by that stupid law.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    Surely article 50 negates all that as it is the EUs terms as laid down that if no deal then we leave and as to leverage that has already been taken away by that stupid law.
    A la King Canute you can vote to stop the tide coming in but dont be surprised when you get wet.
    Of course you can leave with no deal but as Safronfoer says "Issues like the Irish border, movement of people and the settlement will still have to be resolved" before you can negotiate trade deals with the EU. How can no deal make it easier to sort these a whole pile of essential other issues out?
    Sometimes one or both sides of a divorcing couple cant see the wood from the trees and throw the baby out with the bath water. Often that side knows that they will be bailed out by a deep pocketed family member so they can afford to **** the other over without long term consequences- if i was the UK i wouldnt want to be relying on good old uncle Trump stepping in to help out on this one.
    Last edited by Slaneybs; 12-09-2019 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by peterchilton View Post
    I think we voted and then parliament voted to end that relationship and im not sure that all your fears are facts ....
    Dont forget weíve voted twice since 2016. Once to leave the EU and then to leave in an orderly fashion with a future negotiated trade deal as per the Tory manifesto.

b3b5cfc5-d7d7-40c7-9617-6859bb790ebe-jpeg
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

You really need to listen to the clip Bassfly posted upthread.

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    b3b5cfc5-d7d7-40c7-9617-6859bb790ebe-jpeg
    They can start with covering this one, it's quite easy...

Last edited by firefly; 12-09-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: new link
    firefly

If we are gonna go all musical then here's one dedicated to Bozo. The very title sums him up to an absolute tee.

It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Leave.EU - Labour's latest incoherent Brexit plan of... | Facebook
    And they want to run the country

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bassfly; 12-09-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenet View Post
    You really need to listen to the clip Bassfly posted upthread.
    Frankly I donít believe it based on how we currently have to trade with countries outside of the EU such as the US, which is frankly a pain. If anyone has bought fishing tackle from the US then youíll know what a pain it is and thatís without even mentioning the import duty that gets slapped on

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    Frankly I donít believe it based on how we currently have to trade with countries outside of the EU such as the US, which is frankly a pain. If anyone has bought fishing tackle from the US then youíll know what a pain it is and thatís without even mentioning the import duty that gets slapped on

I have an extremely sympathetic dealer in America and I have brought quite a bit of stuff in. He doesn't break American law but he does stretch things a little for himself. He is a friend of sorts but getting stuff from him is very much an ordeal. Duty has also been applied on every occasion. He offered to send me some chicken breasts but I like my dirty birds in nightclubs and not served up on my dinner plate.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed