Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  6,043
Page 592 of 734 FirstFirst ... 92492542582590591592593594602642692 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 7337

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by JACK POWER View Post
    Jaysus. Never thought I'd get a like from Lord Kierstream of Brexitiannia on the Brexit thread ... you see anything is possible. Still prefer Wee Nick to Priti Patel tho, not even strong drink ... and it just occurs to me PP is a kind of Nurse Ratched figure, a passive-agressive know-all with no empathy. By their friends shall ye know them!

Any fish or are we all to run stark staring mad to golf courses?
    Well Jack, another like for that,but I'm not going to say why in case Nurse Ratched shows her aggresive side again.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by JACK POWER View Post

Any fish or are we all to run stark staring mad to golf courses?
    Jack,
    I have plenty in the freezer, I can send you some if you want but I'll need to be quick before the hard border goes up.
    The Donald has told Boris he'll get the Mexicans to pay for that too. Apparently thinks they are too dumb to ever notice.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Did anyone stay up last night for the emergency debate and prorogation? We accidentally did - went out to the cinema, turned it on when we got in and were gripped.

Half the tories were clearly drunk. The opposition, not happy with the prorogation, were a baying mob. Johnson had the body language and attitude of a grumpy teen. Honestly - if Corbyn did even a tenth of the physical disrespect nonsense Johnson does, heíd have been executed for treason by now. The Protestors. John Bercow looking like heíd refuse to leave with Black Rod. The very existence of Black Rod and those three dudes dressed like pantomime princes that shut it all down. The MPs staying in the chamber. SILENCED left on the speakers chair. The lords symbolically not observing the prorogation.

FLYING FLAMINGO.

It was... a very British rebellion.
    I rather enjoy the existence of Black Rod, not just British but widely copied across the commonwealth, properly known as the Lady Usher of the Black Rod. All the chivalric orders have a rod, of varying colours. Black Rod is the Order of the Garter. I can't remember the others but I think Purple Rod is the gentleman usher of the order of the Bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Isisalar View Post
    Who'd have thought that we were being lied to?
    Hopefully a better link
    And they waffle on about lies on the bus

I find it contradictory that Brexiters think it's good for BJ to posture and use the threat/promise of No Deal as a negotiating tool for getting a deal - ie, it's GOOD that he's emphatically stating we will leave on 31 October, so the EU know we can mean business and thus get the best deal - but bad that similarly politically motivated 'we will leave' political posturing pre-referendum isn't being treated as a holy scripture.

Does anyone really think Cameron's heart was in any of his statements?

Just watched the end of the parliamentary session yesterday as I missed it and could not believe that the house had been taken over by a bunch of commies singing the Red Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    Just watched the end of the parliamentary session yesterday as I missed it and could not believe that the house had been taken over by a bunch of commies singing the Red Flag.
    And Calon Lan, a lovely Welsh Hymn sang at rugby matches!
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    A recent poll commissioned by right wing paper The Daily Telegraph has the Tories and Labour separates by just one % point, so it seems that a lot of people donít take kindly to the hard right silencing our democratically elected parliament. MPs that were voted in on the back of manifestos that stated they would leave the EU in an orderly fashion with a trade deal. That vote letís not forget came AFTER the Brexit referendum.

The same poll shows that most people want to respect the result of the referendum. Thus no deal is off the table and also remain is off the table. Meanwhile we have cabinet members quitting the Tory party on the basis that the government is not interested in negotiation a deal any more. Something fishy going on.

As I said about 6 months ago the compromise position of the country is some form of deal with the EU* and if MPs need the public to confirm that there should be another referendum - at the moment a GE would probably result in another hung parliament and back to square 1

*someone above mentioned no one had changed their minds on this thread. That is true but I for one have definitely moved to accept a compromise position of leaving with a deal (as I said many months ago). Shame rampant Brexiteers are not so willing to move from a hard Brexit (I.e they donít care about the 48%)

Last edited by ibm59; 11-09-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    A recent poll commissioned by right wing paper The Daily Telegraph has the Tories and Labour separates by just one % point, so it seems that a lot of people donít take kindly to the hard right silencing our democratically elected parliament. MPs that were voted in on the back of manifestos that stated they would leave the EU in an orderly fashion with a trade deal. That vote letís not forget came AFTER the Brexit referendum.

The same poll shows that most people want to respect the result of the referendum. Thus no deal is off the table and also remain is off the table. Meanwhile we have cabinet members quitting the Tory party on the basis that the government is not interested in negotiation a deal any more. Something fishy going on.

As I said about 6 months ago the compromise position of the country is some form of deal with the EU* and if MPs need the public to confirm that there should be another referendum - at the moment a GE would probably result in another hung parliament and back to square 1

*someone above mentioned no one had changed their minds on this thread. That is true but I for one have definitely moved to accept a compromise position of leaving with a deal (as I said many months ago). Shame rampant Brexiteers are not so willing to move from a hard Brexit (I.e they donít care about the 48%)
    So in your scenario all the Eu has to do is offer an unacceptable deal and we remain.