Thanks Thanks:  412
Likes Likes:  5,983
Page 589 of 728 FirstFirst ... 89489539579587588589590591599639689 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 7274

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    If Scotland had actually voted to Leave the UK in the IndyRef, and the UK had undermined the vote and actually stopped Scotland leaving the UK (e.g. just on the premise that Shetland wanted to remain) would you not be a little p1ssed off?

But we only agreed to Stay, because the UK PM, personally assured us that staying was the only way we could guarantee to stay in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    But we only agreed to Stay, because the UK PM, personally assured us that staying was the only way we could guarantee to stay in the EU.
    I believe that you have dodged the question asked. A bit like a politician.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bassfly; 10-09-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SOS View Post
    In case you had not noticed this is the UK not just England this is the kind of comments that give the SNP and other independence parties a voice.
    This is very much an English political issue.
    ‘Where have you been these last few years ?

So you’d deny political parties who’s views differ from your own a voice ?
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    This is very much an English political issue.
    ‘Where have you been these last few years ?

So you’d deny political parties who’s views differ from your own a voice ?
    Don’t let the Welsh off the hook so easily!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    I believe that you have dodged the question asked. A bit like a politician.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    I didn't dodge it. I was simply baiting seeking.
    The question is a good one and probably closer to the truth than many would like.

Cheers

Mows

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    Don’t let the Welsh off the hook so easily!!

Perhaps the Welsh Assembly should not let us off the hook either

Theresa May's 'hypocritical' assembly remark dropped from speech - BBC News
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    If Scotland had actually voted to Leave the UK in the IndyRef, and the UK had undermined the vote and actually stopped Scotland leaving the UK (e.g. just on the premise that Shetland wanted to remain) would you not be a little p1ssed off?

Does this hypothetical situation get to the heart of what is wrong with our current set of representatives?

We had 3 years of indyref wobbling on about ‘Project Fear’ and suggesting that the EU didn’t really mean it when they said an independent Scotland would have to re-apply.

When the chance for a tactical win comes along Nicola and the rest of the gang undergo a Damascene conversion. Now it’s all about needless economic disruption and how the EU really mean what they say😂.

When they get Indyref 2 there will be another volte face and we can all look forward to a few years of hope, pride and struggling out from under the yolk of English, er, sorry ‘Westminster’ oppression.

There are some clear parallels with the Brexit campaign.......and also some key differences.

Meanwhile the latest GERS figures show Scotgov’s finances are a total mess at the high point of the economic cycle......50% of the UK deficit in 2018 was generated by Scotgov Best to look the other way on that one Those are the kind of numbers that would get you ‘Greek’d’ by those centrist moderates in the EU who believe in 20% cuts to government spending and 50% youth unemployment when you don’t toe the Euro, I mean line.

The SNP do have a point, a true lost decade and economic ruin would be more palatable if ordered in a soothing French accent. Now the hapless Christine Lagard is ECB chief, it may even happen.

Rinse, repeat.

Totally conflicted in principle and practice. Instead of solving problems they are busy pretending they don’t exist or trying to shift them into others . They are by far not the only ones and I include the vast majority of the MPs, the Lords, the EU and a large number of Brexiteers in that number.

Did anyone stay up last night for the emergency debate and prorogation? We accidentally did - went out to the cinema, turned it on when we got in and were gripped.

Half the tories were clearly drunk. The opposition, not happy with the prorogation, were a baying mob. Johnson had the body language and attitude of a grumpy teen. Honestly - if Corbyn did even a tenth of the physical disrespect nonsense Johnson does, he’d have been executed for treason by now. The Protestors. John Bercow looking like he’d refuse to leave with Black Rod. The very existence of Black Rod and those three dudes dressed like pantomime princes that shut it all down. The MPs staying in the chamber. SILENCED left on the speakers chair. The lords symbolically not observing the prorogation.

FLYING FLAMINGO.

It was... a very British rebellion.
    Last edited by Safranfoer; 10-09-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Did anyone stay up last night for the emergency debate and prorogation? We accidentally did - went out to the cinema, turned it on when we got in and were gripped.

Half the tories were clearly drunk. The opposition, not happy with the prorogation, were a baying mob. Johnson had the body language and attitude of a grumpy teen. Honestly - if Corbyn did even a tenth of the physical disrespect nonsense Johnson does, he’d have been executed for treason by now. The Protestors. John Bercow looking like he’d refuse to leave with Black Rod. The very existence of Black Rod and those three dudes dressed like pantomime princes that shut it all down. The MPs staying in the chamber. SILENCED left on the speakers chair. The lords symbolically not observing the prorogation.

FLYING FLAMINGO.

It was... a very British rebellion.
    sounds riveting. The whole lot need throwing out and a fresh set bringing in and that is all of them-tories, labour Liberals snp -they are a shower and all out for their own ends-itsa undemocratic as you could ever get and I doubt many people who voted in the referendum will ever trust a word that comes out of their mouths again-on either side of the debate. Bojo is as you say like a grumpy teenager, corbyn -words fail me, the lib dems would say anything to get into power -snp presiding over the worst economic perfomance for years-what a shower

Probably the most revealing were the speech’s by the Independent ex labour mp and the Jewish labour mp who both ripped into Corbyn and the Labour Party.
    Come the election and the people will have their say and Im afraid to say that a lot of our parliamentary representatives will get their just reward for this absolute mess.
    Last edited by bassfly; 10-09-2019 at 09:33 AM.