Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  6,043
Page 578 of 734 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628678 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 7337

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    Naaahhhhh best we forget my last suggestion since observing him closely the only real talent he seems to posses other than being a most excellent liar is making a complete tw........whoops nearly.......it of himself at every available opportunity.
    All the stupid comments and character assassination do not distract from the fact that the country voted to leave. Cameron layed out the fact and the result was leave. Article 50 says that if a deal is not achieved then the country leaves with no deal. That was what the majority of parliament voted for.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bassfly; 08-09-2019 at 09:52 AM.

"The Conservative Party plans to stand a candidate against Speaker John Bercow for his role in allowing MPs to take control of the Commons agenda".......about time this man was brought to book
    Last edited by Tyke777; 08-09-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    If You want to test the depth of water...... dont use both feet!!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    All the stupid comments and character assassination so not distract from the fact that the country voted to leave. Cameron played out the fact and the result was leave. Article 50 says that if a deal is not achieved then the country leaves with no deal. That was what the majority of parliament voted for.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Leave means leave. The will of the people? You have the bare brass neck to accuse me of stupid comments. Wind your brass neck in chum. As regards character assassinations Bozo does a far better hatchet job on himself than I could ever do. All he has to do is speak and it's kinda job done. Leaving the EU without a deal? Hmmm I think you'll find that the majority of parliament have just voted to prevent us leaving without a deal. How lucky's that?
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke777 View Post
    "The Conservative Party plans to stand a candidate against Speaker John Bercow for his role in allowing MPs to take control of the Commons agenda".......about time this man was brought to book

I think you may find it was the actions of Mr Bercow that allowed the referendum in the first place. The action he took at the time went against convention. Without this action there wouldn't have been a referendum.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Well, I've voted Labour all my life but Sajid Javid just ticked all my boxes, from investment in public services to his approach to honouring the referendum. I feel really wierd.

On the other hand, McDonnel came across as an out of touch idiot. Publishing people's tax returns who earn over £1M? What an idiot! Start by closing the myriad tax loopholes allowed by both major parties which allow high earners to legitimately reduce their tax burden. He would be chancellor, he would have the power to do that, so do that you idiot!!
    Take no deal off the table, negotiate any deal with the EU then put it to the people in a new referendum - deal or remain, of which he, who would negotiate the deal, would campaign for remain. So effectively it could be a deal where we stay in all the treaties or remain on the ballot paper thus p!saying on all those 17.4M people who voted to leave.

One side seems to be really in touch with what people in the country are thinking while the other seems to be so out of touch and clouded by bitterness at losing the referendum and power games.

And people say Boris isn't a clever guy?

Leave means leave. The will of the people? You have the bare brass neck to accuse me of stupid comments. Wind your brass neck in chum. As regards character assassinations Bozo does a far better hatchet job on himself than I could ever do. All he has to do is speak and it's kinda job done. Leaving the EU without a deal? Hmmm I think you'll find that the majority of parliament have just voted to prevent us leaving without a deal. How lucky's that?
    Try reading other people's posts before replying to them.

Leave means leave. The will of the people?
    Donít forget Ď Strong and Stable Ď
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    10%? Remain is polling nationally at 46% and still ahead of leave so I suspect the views of mostly retired salmon fisherMEN is not entirely representative of the country
    I'm surprised you still believe polls! Amongst the rights and wrongs of all this I think it is pretty clear that media manipulation has been an obvious feature. From my perspective the majority I come across have now come to the realisation that the process has been hijacked. Not all, most though.

On hearing of a poll result you should ask yourself these 3 questions.

who commissioned it

what did they want to highlight

what happened to the poll results that didn't produce a desired outcome

Last edited by ozzyian; 08-09-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Avast ye scurvey dogs

As my post never mentioned what your reply said I think I can take it that you have no constructive reply. Read my post again.
    Last edited by bassfly; 08-09-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Oh, I loved your response by the way; that you feel leave means leave and the will of the people are stupid comments. Now just sit back and think how that reflects on yourself:-)