Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The 6 Nations 2018

With squads being announced in the next few days its time to Kick Off.
    So here it is again, the 6 Nations thread.
    As usual discuss, pull legs, get some banter going, highlight good play (and reffing) but most importantly enjoy.
    Cheers
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Yippee! It's that time again. Well done Aled, I think it will be a good deal harder for England to win it again this year, but hopefully not too hard.

Yes, always a great tournament. Definitely won't be easy for England.

In particular, Scotland at Murrayfield could be very difficult if Scotland have built up a head of steam by then.

Joe Marler will miss the first two games after needlessly smashing his shoulder into someone's head, not the brightest act with the 6 nations looming.

Hoping for some good games of quality rugby, good luck to all teams.
    Last edited by Occasional salmon fisher; 12-01-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Hard to see past Ireland this time round.

Wales squad for the 2018 Six Nations
    The Welsh squad for the 6 Nations, no major surprises, disappointed that the Dragons prop Leon Brown is still injured, I think he may have a bright future. Omissions include, Gethin Jenkins, Jamie Roberts and Luke Charteris. As usual I'm picked out of position at scrum half!! Glad to see Adams and Jamie Davies getting a crack.
    Cheers
    Aled

Forwards: Rob Evans (Scarlets), Wyn Jones (Scarlets), Nicky Smith (Ospreys), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Elliot Dee (Dragons), Ken Owens (Scarlets) ,Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues), Adam Beard (Ospreys) ,Bradley Davies (Ospreys), Seb Davies (Cardiff Blues), Cory Hill (Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, capt), James Davies (Scarlets), Taulupe Faletau (Bath), Ellis Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys).

Backs: Aled Davies (Scarlets), Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Patchell (Scarlets), Rhys Priestland (Bath), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Owen Watkin (Ospreys), Owen Williams (Gloucester), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Josh Adams (Worcester Warriors), Hallam Amos (Dragons), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Steff Evans (Scarlets), Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets), George North (Northampton Saints), Liam Williams (Saracens).
    Last edited by Aled; 16-01-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Strong looking Squad Aled best if luck, let the games Begin....
    Fly Fishing & Rugby a Marriage made in Heaven.

Ireland will win the 2018 six nations.

Scotland will struggle in the forwards due to a few key injuries again. I don't think they're quite good enough to win it but hope they put it up to the rest.

I think Ireland have a chance but England are the team to lose it.
    To one who has roved on the mountains afar
    Oh! For the crags that are wild and magestic
    The steep frowning glories of dark Lochnagar.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnjoki View Post
    Ireland will win the 2018 six nations.
    You would probably get quite good odds on that.

Well I have my tickets to the Wales v Scotland game and the England v Ireland game. Looking forward to both.

Big squad that Aled, must be a fair few players carrying injuries. One of those young second rows needs to step up.

England appear to be planning to play without a backrow again. They got away with it last year. I am not sure it will work again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast