Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by kgm View Post
    Scotland will struggle in the forwards due to a few key injuries again. I don't think they're quite good enough to win it but hope they put it up to the rest.

I think Ireland have a chance but England are the team to lose it.
    I think Scotland might be ok.

In terms of the centres it's as good as anything out there H. Jones, Bennett, Taylor, Grigg, Dunbar. Back 3, Hogg, Mcguigan, Maitland, Seymore, Lee Jones, Kinghorn any of those is well in excess of parity. Russel and Price - tell me you'd want anything else, even Pete Horne and Pyrgos have both been on fire at Glasgow, no problems whatsoever in distribution.

In the forwards they reckon Denton is just about back to his best (I'd say he was just about the best 8 in the 2015 RWC) then Barclay and Watson - that sounds good to me! Ryan Wilson ('leave it Batman!') Bradbury and Du preez if you fancy a bit of variety. Locks - total embarrassment of riches, 2 Grays, Gilchrist, Toolis - take your pick - prob the two Grays for me or maybe Richie Gray and Gilchrist.

And now the bit you're worried about! When you look at the loss of the 5 first choice props it's not quite as bad as it seems at first glance, it's not great but it's not a total disaster. Remember Gordon Reid, Jon Welsh, Scot Lawson - all highly capped players going very well indeed at Newcastle and London Irish - they can do a job ok. Guys like Bergan, Bhatti and D'arcy Rae can hold a corner up if need be. The problem of course is if there are any further injuries - then we are fecked! Hooker fine btw - Macinally in great form.

If it comes down to scrums and defending rolling mauls we're not going to do great anyway but... if the trend continues and the same pace, ambition and accuracy keeps heading in the right direction then why wouldn't the team that walloped Australia and got to within one sticking pass of beating the ABs not continue to win and improve in the 6N. Personally I think Scotland will win 3 games (including a big one) They might even be good enough for 4
    Last edited by ozzyian; 16-01-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Ireland to win!
    Are you guys trying to put a hex on us before we start as some kind of self defence we are never favourites for the 6 nations - it would be the kiss of death.

Just seen the England squad, fair play some good young players, as well as more than enough experience!
    Cheers
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Quote Originally Posted by Slaneybs View Post
    Ireland to win!
    Are you guys trying to put a hex on us before we start as some kind of self defence we are never favourites for the 6 nations - it would be the kiss of death.
    I think Ireland are definitely favourites for the 6 Nations ......

C'mon Scotland 😊

Biggar has taken a knock and Priestland is out, how's the injury situation for the rest of you?
    Cheers
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Stockdale was injured yesterday, Poor Keith got a really nasty bang to the nose/eye!
    Fly Fishing & Rugby a Marriage made in Heaven.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12