Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  241
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by pol_angler View Post
    You might be wrong here. I, for one, would be very surprised if there is any deal at all. First priority on the EU side is to make the UK hurt as much as possible and I would expect this attitude to continue throuout the negotiations. The UK doe's not help itself - from a very close source I know that coming to the first round of talks with the EU, Brittish team had nothing in hand apart from saying 'you need us more than we need you' I did not believe it at first but I do now.

Divided more than ever, facing more humiliating talks and with too many big mouths making their names stand up and uncapable of actions - I can see no deal or deal lost to parliamentary vote at the end of negotiations and so called hard exit.
    I’m sure that was exactly what they did. They didn’t have the pre-briefed positions, the ideas on citizens rights or a decent point by point legal rebuttal of why we didn’t need to pay anything. No, they simply sat there and said ‘you need us ore than we need you’. Honestly man.

However, from a nation of 52%+ (and growing) nostalgic bigots then maybe it is true. I’m amazed we can even tie our own shoelaces. Especially the old folks who can’t change, like me and my neighbours aged 29-39 we’ve worked overseas and have 5 children between us. We’re dragging the under 25s down with our narrow minded views. The UK is such a rubbish place I’m amazed anyone from another country would want to come here. In fact it’s a mystery to me why anyone would want such an anchor in the club at all. You can tell it’s bad whensych a well known and respected rests critic like A.A. Gill has to step in with his views on the situation.

What you need are more folk like those Austrians, nice strudel, orderly commitment to EU rules and their new government is definitely concerned with historic ethnic European values.

Any chance you could tell your mate to persuade his friends to just let us go, you’ll all be much better off without us.

Once everyone has stopped taking offence at our irresponsible decsision, we can all be friends again.

If anyone needs help from those Ethnic European values in years to come; then just use the International Distress Signall - Arms in the air and shout
    ‘aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh’.

We’ll give those other set of fools over the Atlantic a call and try to help. Can’t promise anything, (being so useless and all), but eventually we may be able to do something.

Aaahhh, that’s better.
    Last edited by Grassy_Knollington; 16-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Knollington View Post
    I’m sure that was exactly what they did. They didn’t have the pre-briefed positions, the ideas on citizens rights or a decent point by point legal rebuttal of why we didn’t need to pay anything. No, they simply sat there and said ‘you need us ore than we need you’. Honestly man.

However, from a nation of 52%+ (and growing) nostalgic bigots then maybe it is true. I’m amazed we can even tie our own shoelaces. Especially the old folks who can’t change, like me and my neighbours aged 29-39 we’ve worked overseas and have 5 children between us. We’re dragging the under 25s down with our narrow minded views. The UK is such a rubbish place I’m amazed anyone from another country would want to come here. In fact it’s a mystery to me why anyone would want such an anchor in the club at all. You can tell it’s bad whensych a well known and respected rests critic like A.A. Gill has to step in with his views on the situation.

What you need are more folk like those Austrians, nice strudel, orderly commitment to EU rules and their new government is definitely concerned with historic ethnic European values.

Any chance you could tell your mate to persuade his friends to just let us go, you’ll all be much better off without us.

Once everyone has stopped taking offence at our irresponsible decsision, we can all be friends again.

If anyone needs help from those Ethnic European values in years to come; then just use the International Distress Signall - Arms in the air and shout

We’ll give those other set of fools over the Atlantic a call and try to help. Can’t promise anything, (being so useless and all), but eventually we may be able to do something.

Aaahhh, that’s better.
    It is the better off bit that doesn't work, we may be a nuisance but we pay for it. As ever it all comes down to money.

Surprising spiteful thinking about the EU. They just doing what the treaty says. its their job. I think the treaty is problem people not liking maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aled View Post
    Now that's interesting as from what I've heard from the City is that the "City business" influence is bigger than it should be. Only time will tell.
    My next comment is based on personal experience: My Mam's family is Welsh Valleys to the core, they voted out for one reason and one reason alone Immigration, they really did not give a dam about any of the economic aspects of the referendum.
    Cheers
    Aled
    There is no such thing as too big influence it will be interesting to see how the EU will try get round the City.

I fully respect your family's view - there is very little wrong with defending your own little corner and if you don't know anything different, be happy about it.

Aaahhh, that’s better.
    Like I don't get enough of this buffoon talk already, GK. Why calling on America or Austria or in fact any other european country when even third world countries like Iran are showing you where you are? The world has moved on mate.

There is no such thing as too big influence it will be interesting to see how the EU will try get round the City.

I fully respect your family's view - there is very little wrong with defending your own little corner and if you don't know anything different, be happy about it.
    Of course there is too much influence when its used to try to undermine or thwart the outcome of a democratic vote, and why would the EU need to get round the City, they are in bed together with the same objectives.

Referring to someones environment as their little corner and presuming they dont know anything different is not respectful at all.

Aaahhh, that’s better.
    A.A.Gill's a moron.

Being a leaver, it reassures me greatly that he is a remoaner.

Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    A.A.Gill's a moron.

Being a leaver, it reassures me greatly that he is a remoaner.

Oscar.
    Gill could be an ars* but you have to say he was a terrific writer. I miss his ST columns , one of the few journalists who could make you laugh out loud. RIP

His review of L’Ami Louis, Paris in 2011

"The cramped tables are set with labially pink cloths, which give it a colonic appeal and the awkward sense that you might be a suppository.”

and San Lorenzo, London

"It's laughably overpriced, but doesn't take credit cards. But all that is just by the by compared with its unique horror. To get in, you have to be kissed by a woman called Mara, who must surely have been around to do tongues with Garibaldi."
    Last edited by carrowmore; Yesterday at 02:40 PM.

He made his living as a sort of posh shock jock, often using insult and controversy to earn his pay. Which is ok, it's all quite entertaining, you just wouldn't be wise to ever accept what he wrote on a serious matter as his sincere opinion. The remain side have more plausible spokespeople

Like I don't get enough of this buffoon talk already, GK. Why calling on America or Austria or in fact any other european country when even third world countries like Iran are showing you where you are? The world has moved on mate.
    I think you may have missed the joke there?

Seriously though; the world does change in character but I not so sure that the nature of things changes so quickly.

That’s probably why the US are currently re-basing an Armoured Division in Poland and there are a million Ukrainians in the same country.

Also why the visograd group of nations are pushing hard against Muslim migration. I mean the tartars were only 4 hundred years ago. . . The world has changed guys, give it up!

And why the biggest most powerful nations will call the shots. That doesn’t include us btw. : but it certainly applies to Germany, whether anyone likes it or not.

Why the Austrians have elected a far right party into coalition government.

Why the Greeks can’t be trusted with their pocket money

It’s also why we have spent the last 30 years of a 45 year relationship trying to swing both ways and pleasing nobody.

That’s what we are, pragmatic, fence sitters who usually come to the right conclusion in the nick of time. It’s not tidy, it’s not orderly but it works. We are fundamentally unsuited to a supra national governing authority. If folk had kept their eyes and ears open then our governments wouldn’t have been allowed to get away with it for so long.

It amuses me why the EU would even want us to stay, part of the financial axis of evil that helped cause GFA 50%+ bigots etc etc.

It’s best we leave and thanks for all the fish.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920