Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  3,093
Page 168 of 181 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1803

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmy View Post
    Calm down young un.....you’ve only just passed your test and now you’re already talking road rage 🧐
    S.h.i.t happpens
    Always calm old yin 😜. Bugs me ti ts when they just drive off and don't say 🤬🤬 he'll be paying to get the dent sorted or he'll be getting the nail gun through his four tyres

Hiya, nogs, what's shakin?

I'm sitting here listening to music, watching old live shows on the you-do-the-tubing. The missus calls it 'drunken pumpkins' because its always the Pumpkins. On beer 8, she went to bed -- beer 8 on school, work, night. Work has been dog danged exhausting. Working well over 40 hours a week while still fitting in 4 or 6 days of hunting each week -- balancing time like this is easy when either work or hunting or, best case, both is easy. Easy as in not a struggle. It doesn't really need to be easy. Thank dog for flexibility. Bird is a **** show, she is refusing the grouse. **** her. Killed a bunch of ducks with her this season before they headed south. Huns are near non-existent, in a down cycle. Tons of grouse, multiple points most outings, but the bird doesn't want to hit them, trying to bind, often pulling feather without a kill, and sometimes refusing to even stoop. She is getting cut loose, released back into the wild, this spring, when winter breaks. Time to trap a new one, one that flies more to my liking, shows more aggression, just wants to kill ****. So hunting is done this year. Decided today. Couple months of misery til fishing and serious hiking, summer time, begins. I'll get the snowshoes out, perchance, to bide the time.

Self pity, feeling sorry for myself, for no dog danged reason. I have it pretty freaking good.

Any of you even sit to listen to music from your youth, or younger years any way, just to feel a bit of melancholy? Not for regret, for lost youth, for wish to return. For some nostalgic, albeit brief and hazy, reminiscence. A point in time, often, in your life, mayhap, and that shadow of a feeling the music can bring back?

Ten times removed; I forget about where it all began.
    ******* son of a ******* son of a wild eyed child of the sun.
    And right as rain, I'm not the same but I feel the same, I feel nothing.
    Heero just pawn in game of life.

Nestling between Brodick and the castle.
    Highly recommended for home baking and a pot of Earl Grey with proper china cups and saucers

7e319ceb-c564-4f9f-9f5f-56e9b1e72bf0-jpeg
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Had a few hours fishing on the River Don in South Yorkshire for Grayling.
    Trotted maggot did the trick and I caught any number of Grayling from fingerlings up to about 3/4lb.
    Quite a good number of decent sized out of season trout to 1 1/2lb as well. Not bad for the upper reaches of the Don. Encouraging to see so many Grayling especially the little ones.

Meanwhile my other half was run ragged by our 9week old Border terrier/ gremlin cross.

The pup is finally tired out and lying flat out next to me on the settee. This pup isn't going to get spoilt like the last two. 😃
    Attached Images Attached Images 20200108_174708-jpg 
    Last edited by Chicharito; 08-01-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Nestling between Brodick and the castle.
    Highly recommended for home baking and a pot of Earl Grey with proper china cups and saucers

7e319ceb-c564-4f9f-9f5f-56e9b1e72bf0-jpeg
    Lovely Tea room, with great baking.
    Bill Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    Had a few hours fishing on the River Don in South Yorkshire for Grayling.
    Trotted maggot did the trick and I caught any number of Grayling from fingerlings up to about 3/4lb.
    Quite a good number of decent sized out of season trout to 1 1/2lb as well. Not bad for the upper reaches of the Don. Encouraging to see so many Grayling especially the little ones.

Meanwhile my other half was run ragged by our 9week old Border terrier/ gremlin cross.

The pup is finally tired out and lying flat out next to me on the settee. This pup isn't going to get spoilt like the last two. 😃

Not going to get spoilt? My harris. That pup is going to rule your house best you just get used to it now as you absolutely cannot win. Trust me, I know about these things. Tonight's dinner was cold as I couldn't eat it as madam had gone to sleep on my hand

It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

‘Shadow of a feeling the music can bring back”. That’s spot on Heero.

Cheerio!

6fd11dcc-4b7d-40b3-9448-61aba543783c-jpeg
    Last edited by ibm59; 09-01-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Cheerio!

6fd11dcc-4b7d-40b3-9448-61aba543783c-jpeg
    Kilimanjaro from Lake Victoria.
    Remember it well looking across the Serengeti.
    Braw.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    Today was the last day of the pre Christmas 'hiatus'. The normal period between pre Christmas orders being taken and getting said kit installed.

...and the current new usual, the 100 mile round trip to see the auld man. He's still struggling on, we (his care team and me) don't understand what's keeping him going. Wednesday was a 'good' day as he was quite chatty for a fair time between being confused. Today not good at all...barely conscious and only knew who I was for a few minutes.

I'll see how he is tomorrow afternoon again. The poor auld ****** needs gone......and only those that have witnessed a demise from cancer will understand that statement.
    I've been putting off this post for a couple of days now.

Sadly, the auld yin lost his battle with cancer at 2.45pm on Tuesday.

It was all so terribly sudden in the end. He had more or less become unresponsive on Saturday. Yet that was off the back of him demanding his laptop into the hosp on Friday and calmly dictating emails on his behalf. He was totally sharp and to the point.

On Sunday I don't think he even knew myself and the dogs were there with him.

I had a long chat with Kelly (his Doc) first thing Tues morning and she reckoned 3 or 4 days. I was just leaving a client at 2.40pm when I got the call to come up North now as he'd had a rapid downturn. I jumped into the car thinking I'll head past my place en route and chuck the dogs in the car.......I never even got as far as my place before I got the call to say he'd passed.

As ever in these situations it was a blessing for him but hell for everyone left behind. I thought I was totally prepared for the event..yet realised how gutted I was when it happened.

Been a whirlwind but got Dad's funeral all done, dusted and sorted today. I hope I've done the auld fella proud. I've sorted similar twice on his behalf before, First time when my Mum passed away when she and Dad were sunning themselves over winter in Tenerife. More recently when my Dad's youngest brother passed away whilst my Dad was wintering in Tunisia.

The auld yin's comment to me on both occasions was...'Christ you're B'loody impressive at bringing order to a crisis'.

I shall bear that in mind as his ultimate compliment
    ..........so many flies, so little time!