Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  3,093
Page 167 of 181 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1803

Quote Originally Posted by AlanT View Post
    Lowden. No cheap but I've always fancied one.
    Insuring it added £100 to my annual contents policy. 😱😱
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Insuring it added £100 to my annual contents policy. 😱😱
    AlanT and Ibm59, stop it!
    You are making me feel inadequate. I havent got a musical bone in my body. I wish I had. I think I was put off at school and tried to play the clarinet. Not very hygienic when it's not your own and some spotty catarrh ridden kid has been playing it in the previous lesson.

Made it onto Arran for 3 nights in Auchrannie
    Getting off may not be quite as “ easy “

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    You are making me feel inadequate. I havent got a musical bone in my body. I wish I had. I think I was put off at school and tried to play the clarinet. Not very hygienic when it's not your own and some spotty catarrh ridden kid has been playing it in the previous lesson.
    You're never too late to learn, you'd be surprised how you'd get on if you pick an instrument that you really fancy and give it a go. Even better if someone can get you started, or a tutor. I've started lots of people over the years and some of them now play alongside me in the local pub or open mic nights.

For me it started as a winter hobby between fishing seasons many moons ago but I really enjoyed it and kept going. Just find the right person to get you started.

I started piano two years ago (I'm 74), and love every minute of it. It is very therapeutic apart from anything else. Not sure my wife agrees sometimes though

I don't do any of the "Grade" stuff, although I can read the music of course. I just told my teacher "I just want to play tunes!". I started with a book called "It's Never too late to learn piano".

Highly recommend anyone to start playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    I’ve been playing for over 50 years.
    ‘Though some would disagree

Just doing the return journey with my mother who has been with us for over 2 weeks over christmas.
    Decided to come down and back on the same day. 3 and a half hours to come down. Hoping for just over 3 on the way back.
    At least the trip down was in the light.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Made it onto Arran for 3 nights in Auchrannie
    Getting off may not be quite as “ easy “
    Walked up to Glenashdale Falls on a wild Arran day.
    Forestry work on the right bank made it hard going for the last half mile.
    Came back down the left bank via the Iron Age fort. Slippy underfoot due surfaced tree roots and pine needles. Glad of Meindls.

Mad - am at the falls viewpoint.
    Note the pinched SST

d676b1bf-0143-450c-a5bd-a26f7191bfd5-jpeg

d96d84af-63ba-45bf-a1ba-8ab2b6668108-jpeg

a0d3dd89-8afd-4798-b377-4570c3db84d1-jpeg

Had a great day at work went back to the van at around lunchtime to get some juice and some dirty frigging barstewards rattled my passenger side door and mirror it's going to be fun tomorrow when I find out who done it when the cctv get's checked

Calm down young un.....you’ve only just passed your test and now you’re already talking road rage 🧐
    S.h.i.t happpens