Thanks Thanks:  155
Likes Likes:  3,100
Page 159 of 181 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1810

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    Thought I would be up and out by today, but still feel like c##p. Spent the last 2 days drifting between couch and bed, not had one of these for a good few years. Trouble is the Mrs has started coughing and spluttering now so she will probably be out of action next week The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Didn't manage the pub with mates tonight but I did find a bottle of Poiti'n in the cupboard that's been there about 10 years ! Was after vodka but a splash of fresh orange makes a nice drink. Feeling a lot less miserable now The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Big thumbs up to last night's drink choice ! Slept like a log and woke up bright and breezy The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread? actually got out the house today, bit of retail therapy to lift my mood. Off to pub for a few pints now followed by homemade vindaloo.

Took the middle one to a local nature reserve earlier to look for frogs and feed the ducks.
    Cant be botherd to do much else as the little ones kept us awake all night crying due to his chicken pox.
    Going to have some food then away to bed to watch more videos from bon appetit on youtube as they are strangely addictive, abit like great british bake off before it moved to channel 4 and they ruined it The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Got out of the house for the first time in 4 days.
    Starting to feel a bit more normal (whatever that is). Also feel as if i dont need to be be within 30 feet of a toilet.

Fed the cows and sheep then went to look at car with my daughter. Me covered in muck, unusually, her not. She does scrub up quite well.

Most amusing. Looking at Ford Rangers. Sales people keeping looking at me, me saying, "no, she's buying".
    5'1", 7.5 st of muscle under her girlie clothes. Got them a bit confused when she jumps behind the wheel.
    Not got one but pretty sure which model it will be.

Anyway, christmas officially over. Just finished stripping the Turkey. Now in a curry. Been the same for 30 years. Makes quite a few helpings that go in the freezer. Surprising how much meat you can get when you start picking.
    More than usual given the split between daughter and her boyfriend ( he ate his fair rations) and me having been ill for 3 days.

Just about to tuck in.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Down to the next village first thing to butchers for steak for tea. Where is everyone? Never known it as quiet. On way home TPS system on car let me know that one of the tyres had lost a bit of pressure. Slow puncture had gathered speed. Back down to next village again to local tyre garage. They found 2 small punctures repaired in double quick time for 12. Glad that's fixed before trip down to Stansted to pick up new pup.
    Another trip to Pet shop for more puppy related purchases.
    A bit of puppy proofing in kitchen. Almost there now!
    Down to Stansted on Monday. Pick it up on Tuesday and home for New Years Eve!
    Last edited by Chicharito; 28-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    Down to the next village first thing to butchers for steak for tea. Where is everyone? Never known it as quiet. On way home TPS system on car let me know that one of the tyres had lost a bit of pressure. Slow puncture had gathered speed. Back down to next village again to local tyre garage. They found 2 small punctures repaired in double quick time for 12. Glad that's fixed before trip down to Stansted to pick up new pup.
    Another trip to Pet shop for more puppy related purchases.
    A bit of puppy proofing in kitchen. Almost there now!
    Down to Stansted on Monday. Pick it up on Tuesday and home for New Years Eve!
    I take it you've remembered to get down on the floor and look at everything from PEV and shift it? (That's 'puppy eye view' for the uninitiated)
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    I take it you've remembered to get down on the floor and look at everything from PEV and shift it? (That's 'puppy eye view' for the uninitiated)
    A few more drinks and I will be at PEV, no problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    A few more drinks and I will be at PEV, no problems!
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

I actually managed to lie in this morning 745am must be a record for me usually up 445am without an alarm , had breaky and walked talla then drove up to angling active for a wee bit of retail therapy a new fly line for the brownies (snowbee thistledown) half a ton of tungsten beads and half a basket full of other stuff, I'm on the look out for another reel but not made my mind up yet
    Now sat at the vice doing a few more nymphs and might head to the annan tomorrow 🎣

What day is tomorrow?
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill