Thanks Thanks:  151
Likes Likes:  2,924
Page 137 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1748

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmy View Post
    Those photographs bring back memories of catching loads of trout on the worm in that area over 50 years agoThe Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?
    Theres tons of small resivours up that way and they all seem to be packed with small wild brownies.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OK then, last night my daughters final Primary School Christmas fair, today, a load of housework this morn, then some log splitting and kindling cutting put a pile of wood ash on the veg patch. After lunch a armed walk around some land near me, now without a doubt by design and using his nose my dog really can flush woodcock, which is great news we saw 5, for safety reasons (power cable, house, and road) I was only able to get a shot off at one....which I missed! Sadly my dog has a thorn in his paw, however after all his hard work he's shattered so whilst he's asleep his body will sort things out! Cheers. Aled
    Last edited by Aled; 07-12-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Had a walk round the botanical gardens today.
    Bellow is just some of the wildlife we saw.
    The cicadia in the first picture is just under an inch, but the dentist drill noise it makes is incredible.
    My son was with me, the high pitch seemed even louder to him.
    dscf1985-jpgThe otters were having a field daydscf2069-jpgdscf2057-jpgWe saw 7 water monitors, biggest would have been 6 footdscf2035-jpgdscf2031-jpgdscf2025-jpgThis weird beastie was about 4cmsdscf2021-jpgdscf2017-jpgdscf1992-jpgdscf2109-jpgMeet Woody

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    The cicadia in the first picture is just under an inch, but the dentist drill noise it makes is incredible.
    dscf1985-jpgThe otters were having a field daydscf2069-jpgdscf2057-jpgWe saw 7 water monitors, biggest would have been 6 footdscf2035-jpgdscf2031-jpgdscf2025-jpgThis weird beastie was about 4cmsdscf2021-jpgdscf2017-jpgdscf1992-jpgdscf2109-jpgMeet Woody
    Some really nice photos there The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?

Another walk in the hills today, kids chickend out as they rekon it was too windy.... they may have had a point there. Freezing cold and the wind was whipping through at silly speeds so had to miss out the section of high ridge as the scramble up there may have been abit risky.
    Still the views were good and now my legs are knackerd so ill sleep well tonight.

Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own country) & Afrique

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    Nice pics. Interesting part of the world.

"Weird beastie" looks like a (?carpenter-type) bee, "Woody" looks like Mr Banded Woodpecker, and leguaan (monitors) taste grreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt!

PS - is that plant edible? Beside multiple fruit (and the fact it's obviously not) it looks a bit like pineapple. Botany not my strongest suit mind...
    Last edited by seeking; 08-12-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    "...hooking mortality is higher than you'd expect: further evidence that as a numbers game, catch-and-release fishing isn't always as straightforward as it seems"
    John Gierach

Fed up of debating C&R - see Hidden Content

Unless otherwise stated, data used in any graph/figure/table are Crown copyright, used with the permission of MSS and/or EA and/or ICES. MSS / EA / ICES are not responsible for interpretation of these data by third parties

Just back from a couple of days Christmas break with my family in Moffat. Drove through it dozens of times over the years as its my normal route south, however its the first time Ive stayed over.
    Lovely place, plenty coffee shops, bars, and shops and less than an hour from home.

20191206_203619-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AlanT View Post
    Just back from a couple of days Christmas break with my family in Moffat. Drove through it dozens of times over the years as its my normal route south, however its the first time Ive stayed over.
    Lovely place, plenty coffee shops, bars, and shops and less than an hour from home.

20191206_203619-jpg
    Always looks to me like one of those places where some decent boozing goes on
    Avast ye scurvey dogs

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyian View Post
    Always looks to me like one of those places where some decent boozing goes on
    Absolutely. While the women went shopping the men went on a wee pub crawl. I'm sure I counted 9 drinking establishments in the high street!

Been in the kitchen all morning making curry pastes.

Balinese yellow x 1
    Thai red x 1

You can buy them ready made but doing it from scratch gives a much more authentic taste experience. The list of ingredients is dizzying and they are a bit of a pain but when it comes to cooking the curry, so worth the effort.

The Balinese one will be used to marinade some monkfish over night then used as a base for the curry when cooking. Iíl add King prawns in the last couple of minutes to bulk it up a bit with loads of fresh veg.

The red paste iíl probably do a Penang with beef. Coconut infused Thai sticky rice.

Tom Yung Goon to start with.

Getting hungry just thinking about it!!!
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!