Thanks Thanks:  124
Likes Likes:  2,461
Page 112 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1491

Trying to work out how to use this new iPad.......reading “ iPads for seniors and dummies”.........doing my head in 🧐

Christmas festival in my home town this weekend, thoroughly enjoyed, bought some good stuff (food n booze!) and saw some good Christmas present ideas. Went looking for woodcock with the dog on Saturday evening, saw none. Sunday did some shopping in Llanelli, I needed a few bits n bobs, which I got. Now drinking beer in front of the TV, will be having a large G&T at 7.59pm before His Dark Materials start at 8pm. Pretty good weekend all told! ...as an aside it always gets very busy for the next calendar month, school Christmas fairs & shows, plus other events so...lets go!
    Cheers
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmy View Post
    Trying to work out how to use this new iPad.......reading “ iPads for seniors and dummies”.........doing my head in 🧐
    they'll be a new model out before you've got it sussed out old yin

I'm frigging hopeless with iPads and laptops the wee woman got me one a few years back but I don't use it, it probably still has the protective film still on the screen

I managed to get to the river this evening before it got dark and saw my first redd of the year.

I'll have to take the poleroids the next time to see if I can spot a few more.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    I managed to get to the river this evening before it got dark and saw my first redd of the year.

I'll have to take the poleroids the next time to see if I can spot a few more.
    Sadly, I haven't managed to get up the water to do redd spotting yet this winter. My old man's health is NOT good so been spending my time with him. Hopefully I'll get a chance for a day out soon - it is one of my favourite, early winter things to do/see.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    Sadly, I haven't managed to get up the water to do redd spotting yet this winter. My old man's health is NOT good so been spending my time with him. Hopefully I'll get a chance for a day out soon - it is one of my favourite, early winter things to do/see.
    I'm sorry to hear that your father's not well westie!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that your father's not well westie!
    Cheers Jockiescott, we're just hoping he makes Saturday as it'll be his 87th Birthday. He's a cannae auld bloke and a fighter, he's gone almost a year longer than was expected. So fingers crossed for him.

As I said to Chicharito a few mins ago - I've enjoyed the joking on the forum tonight, it's been a real tonic. There's some right good lads on here!

Sending you and your Dad love, Westie.

The fields and lanes around here are not getting any drier - I fear they may never be dry again, many are still lakes, and now the drains are blocking with mud and leaves that accompany the run off and making it worse.... So I went and bought Merle a coat tonight.

Not a fancy coat. Not stupid clothes for animals. A sensible waterproof affair designed to keep her fur in and the floodwater out.

I wish we could post videos on here. Because (predictably) she hates it, and it makes a weird rustling noise when she moves, so she drops to the floor like she's been shot, and it's too big, and... HILARIOUS. Back to the drawing board re how to deal with the mud. Until I can afford our extension, there's nowhere really for her to be contained in all her filthy splendour.

What do you guys do with your filthy dogs? Clearly this isn't my first winter as a dog owner - but I don't think she's ever got this mucky before.

img_0638-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post

The fields and lanes around here are not getting any drier - I fear they may never be dry again, many are still lakes, and now the drains are blocking with mud and leaves that accompany the run off and making it worse.... So I went and bought Merle a coat tonight.

Not a fancy coat. Not stupid clothes for animals. A sensible waterproof affair designed to keep her fur in and the floodwater out.

I wish we could post videos on here. Because (predictably) she hates it, and it makes a weird rustling noise when she moves, so she drops to the floor like she's been shot, and it's too big, and... HILARIOUS. Back to the drawing board re how to deal with the mud. Until I can afford our extension, there's nowhere really for her to be contained in all her filthy splendour.

What do you guys do with your filthy dogs? Clearly this isn't my first winter as a dog owner - but I don't think she's ever got this mucky before.

img_0638-jpg
    I gave up years ago Dee. Large old towels are the order of the day.
    Wonderfully cold, clear and frosty here today so no mud. Thought I was on to a winner...until both Maggie and Niamh decided they were having a swim. I was distracted for few mins as I was walking with friends and their rather naughty 14 mnth old retriever.

My two are just coming back out of the bad books now!

That said, I have thought about a similar jacket to Merle's for Niamh for this coming spring at the fishing. I don't quite know how she'll take to that though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post

img_0638-jpg
    Gave up on coats etc years ago. Mandy is a sucker for any new tat ideas and tried them all. Same as westie, a big towel. Lucy hates being dried. After the towel, we put on a coat of towel material for the next half hour and then she is fine. Harris was great at being dried. He would sit, give you his paws one at a time, then stand up till you dried the rest of him.

Robot Check
    Last edited by mows; 19-11-2019 at 05:44 AM.