Thanks Thanks:  96
Likes Likes:  2,339
Page 104 of 133 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1323
  1. #1031

    Default

    A day off today, so Iím shaping a load of rough stone into slightly less rough stone; in order to skin some block work on my new storage shed.

    0dce1627-4234-406f-bd24-0045404a4786-jpeg

    Itís nice to be using my Grandadís tools he had made as an apprentice and used for over 60 years. Iím not quite at the same level he was mind .....

    Some I win:

    Clean as a whistle.

    13303259-7428-44aa-ae0a-4598a41bff56-jpeg

    Some I lose:

    58a0c9a9-3edb-4bbc-bb68-727deea2d91c-jpeg

  2. #1032

    Default

    Home on Wednesday after a fortnight bouncing about on the Minch.
    Couple of days r&r 🍾, then off to Auchrannie next week for three nights.
    Might even try Goat Fell if the mood takes us and the weather is clement.

    ď Helicopter for ibm59, please ď 😁

    Auchrannie Resort | 4* Hotel on Isle of Arran | Book Best Rates Online!
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

  3. #1033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Home on Wednesday after a fortnight bouncing about on the Minch.
    Couple of days r&r 🍾, then off to Auchrannie next week for three nights.
    Might even try Goat Fell if the mood takes us and the weather is clement.

    ď Helicopter for ibm59, please ď 😁

    Auchrannie Resort | 4* Hotel on Isle of Arran | Book Best Rates Online!


    Do I appear bitter? Do I appear jealous?


    HELL YEAH!!! Have a fantastic time of it
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

  4. #1034

    Default

    Got an Aberdeen Angus roasting joint with a bottle of red in the slow cooker early on. Kids to school, IKEA shop complete. Supposed to be building that nonsense but too nice a day for that. So decided on a 10 mile run from the house to clear the lungs. Wife will be delighted when in from work Starting marathon training soon . Lovely day to be out and about.


    img_20191105_124457541_hdr-jpg

  5. #1035
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dinefwr
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Cracking looking Lochan there Bradan.
    Cheers
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

  6. #1036

    Default

    Been out chasing elk. That time of year.

    Couple mountain ranges yesterday morning:

    2bc3a322-725c-48bd-8347-44b48d44893a-jpeg

    7f1755b3-183a-493a-8057-3eadfe428620-jpeg
    Heero just pawn in game of life.

  7. #1037
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    absolutely awesome Heero, it only beggars one question - when are you ever going to get a proper job!!
    That scenery is totally beyond, ............. did you see or get any Elk?
    If You want to test the depth of water...... dont use both feet!!Hidden Content

  8. #1038
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Just about to pressure wash the patio and path.
    Did the path around the house the other day. Mrs was complaining it was a bit slippy. In the shade all day so gets a bit of slime on it.
    Problem is, when you get one bit clean it shows the rest up.

    Once that is done, off to sort some brackets for the loader on the new (well, new to us) tractor.

    Like hero, must then start looking for a proper job.
    Cant decide if I'm between contracts (and have been since march ), semi-retired or easing into full retirement. My mrs seems to have a different perspective from me.
    My daughter just seems to think my time off is more free labour for her.
    Last edited by salarchaser; 06-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

    That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

  9. #1039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarchaser View Post
    Just about to pressure wash the patio and path.
    Did the path around the house the other day. Mrs was complaining it was a bit slippy. In the shade all day so gets a bit of slime on it.
    Problem is, when you get one bit clean it shows the rest up.

    Once that is done, off to sort some brackets for the loader on the new (well, new to us) tractor.

    Like hero, must then start looking for a proper job.
    Cant decide if I'm between contracts (and have been since march ), semi-retired or easing into full retirement. My mrs seems to have a different perspective from me. The Close Season What You Doing Today Thread?
    My daughter just seems to think my time off is more free labour for her.
    I dont envy you doing that job. Jet washing all day destroys the muscles in my neck for some reason.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  10. #1040
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    I dont envy you doing that job. Jet washing all day destroys the muscles in my neck for some reason.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Finished that first task.
    I seem to have got tennis elbow (I think it is anyway) over the last couple years. Get a pain on the elbow end of my one of the bones in my forearm. Anything that requires a right hand grip causes pain.
    Casting a single hander, double right hand up, using a hammer or saw, and today, gripping the pressure washer.
    Been giving it a work out doing yorkshire boarding the last couple weeks. 4 nails in around 200 six by one inch boards over a few days and it was a bit tender.
    At least it takes my mind off the pain in my back. Thats a whole different story.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

    That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •