Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Redundancy looms

After 30 years with the same employer in the distribution business it has come to an end with redundancy and a full closure of this part of their business in the UK. Very, very sad day to see this happen but they were a great employer, it just went wrong and the business case proved it could not be sustained any longer, sh!t happens I suppose! We all thought this was a job for life but have now been proven wrong, just goes to show you nowhere is a safe job these days

To be fair I'm pretty upbeat and positive about the future. I turned 50 in 2016 and was toying with the idea of doing something differrent so now push has came to shove it's game on.

Some employer will be lucky if they land this big fish
    You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you donít try Hidden Content

All the best for the future. Know the feeling had been in a job that I loved for 37 years and we had the rug pulled from under our feet.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny007 View Post
    After 30 years with the same employer in the distribution business it has come to an end with redundancy and a full closure of this part of their business in the UK. Very, very sad day to see this happen but they were a great employer, it just went wrong and the business case proved it could not be sustained any longer, sh!t happens I suppose! We all thought this was a job for life but have now been proven wrong, just goes to show you nowhere is a safe job these days

To be fair I'm pretty upbeat and positive about the future. I turned 50 in 2016 and was toying with the idea of doing something differrent so now push has came to shove it's game on.

Very sorry to hear of this Kenny!

Paul

Stay positive and good luck

A new start,might be the best thing that ever happened if you remain positive and treat it as an adventure.
    Abdoocted by a Morris Dancing maniac.

sorry to hear that,
    i have uncertainty hanging round my job at the moment too as the restaurant im in is being sold , current owners only had it a year and cant be bothered working at it, ive been trying to escape the trade for a while now but its not so easy
    good luck
    craig
    It's too high, its too low, its too windy, there's nae fish al no be back...... Till tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by wormo View Post
    sorry to hear that,
    i have uncertainty hanging round my job at the moment too as the restaurant im in is being sold , current owners only had it a year and cant be bothered working at it, ive been trying to escape the trade for a while now but its not so easy
    good luck
    craig
    I can imagine it's tough out there as I'm about to find out but I only need one door ajar and I'm bursting through it like a dug eating beetroot

I hope it works out for you Craig, you have enough to contend with with your daughters health.

Whatever happens we are survivors.

My family is priority so finances for fishing trips are off the table for 2017. I still have my memories to look back on and one day hope to visit these unique places again.
    Last edited by kenny007; 07-01-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you donít try Hidden Content

Kenny
    Sorry to hear that but know how you feel.I was with a company nearly 20 years the Americans bought it over, I was made redundant, surplus to requirements, found a position in a similar line of work, installed over 50 machines for them and built up a small client base, after 3 years with them they paid me off saying they didn't have enough work for me, now looking forward to retirement in roughly 3 years time

this is now the way of the world you work hard, show loyalty to an employer and get kicked in the teeth for your efforts

Bob mc
    Bob Mc
    One of the 80%

Quote Originally Posted by kenny007 View Post

Sorry to hear that Kenny, same happened to me September 2016, after just eight years.

Have found some interim work for the time being, but need to get back into a permanent role.

Good luck to you and the family, just remember great people are always in demand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same happened to me in September after 9 years with the company (for the second time I might add). I was fortunate that the buyer was very keen to keep us on as he will barely be here for a month a year and will need someone to look after the place, in addition he was adamant that the sellers paid us our redundancy so we weren't leaving empty handed which was good of him
    It's never nice but they say a change is as good as a rest...

Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast