Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  315
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rugby Page

Default The Rugby Page

Hello all
    Well the rugby union season kicks off proper this weekend, and the next 10 months will prove an interesting one.
    We've got our home domestic leagues, European Cups, Autumn Internationals as well as any small local teams you support or play for (I retired a few years ago aged 37, so am now a bar room hero). This should keep us interested until the 6 Nations starts again in February! Not to mention a Lions tour next summer.
    With the fishing season coming to a close in a matter of weeks for many us, its time to re-visit our local rugby clubs, enjoy some rugby, have a few beers, and put a few quid behind the bar to help keep these clubs going.
    Comment, discuss, pull legs enjoy!
    Happy New Rugby Season All
    Cheers
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

I will be with my cousins this weekend & so will be going to the Pontypridd game with them & a black & white clad hoard - now there is a dedicated bunch if ever I saw one.
    After a whole rest period to dream up new calls from the crowd, I'm sure the ref will "enjoy the banter" resulting from any questionable decisions..............

Regards, Tyke.

Going to watch Leicester/Gloucester on TV tonight and hope Glaws win, then Barf v Saints tomorrow.

Two hard games to start the season for our West Country boys. Bristol should be interesting too, not to mention Exeter!!

The Barf boys were on their way to Colwyn Bay last week to play The Scarlets in a pre season and their bus broke down just along the road from our offices. Tam, the head coach, came in for 44 coffees whilst they waited for a breakdown vehicle and said he had high hopes for a good season.....Hope it goes better than their bloody bus!! Took them 10 hours to get to Colwyn by all accounts!!

Great things to come, and I haven't even mentioned "Eddie and the boys"!

Paul

I'm really looking forward to this season in the hope that both Exeter and England will continue the successes of last season.
    Lots of West Country derbies to look forward to as well.
    Colin.

A bus breaking down on the way to a pre season friendly, not a good start Paul!

On one occasion whilst coming back from an away match playing for Lampeter RFC, the bus suddenly stopped rather hurriedly, a good looking lady in her 30's walked on to the bus and said "ah just what I need a bunch a strapping young rugby players" well you can imagine our disappointment when all she wanted was help to get her overturned horsebox and car off the road and on to her yard! (I did not get close enough to smell her breath and the horsebox was empty!)
    Cheers
    Aled
    Last edited by Aled; 02-09-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aled View Post
    A bus breaking down on the way to a pre season friendly, not a good start Paul!

On one occasion whilst coming back from an away match playing for Lampeter RFC, the bus suddenly stopped rather hurriedly, a good looking lady in her 30's walked on to the bus and said "ah just what I need a bunch a strapping young rugby players" well you can imagine our disappointment when all she wanted was help to get her overturned horsebox and car off the road and on to her yard! (I did not get close enough to smell her breath and the horsebox was empty!)
    Cheers
    Aled
    A pre season against The Scarlets as well!!

A good looking woman from Lampeter? That's a first!! She wasn't a nun from the Uni in drag was she? Know the town very well and the RU ground. We stay in a farm B&B just along the road towards Tregaron when we fish the Teifi .

Paul

LOL , the odd throwback does appear Paul.
    My first job after uni was community development officer in Tregaron....hence how I ended up playing rugby for Lampeter.
    Tight Lines
    Aled

LOL , the odd throwback does appear Paul.
    My first job after uni was community development officer in Tregaron....hence how I ended up playing rugby for Lampeter.
    Tight Lines
    Aled
    Have you been to The Talbot in Tregaron recently Aled?

Fantastic pub with amazing food. Some of the best hotel food I've had for a long time and great atmosphere!!

Paul

Ah the Talbot Hotel, 43 footsteps from my Bachelor pad overlooking the river Brenig, a lot more on the way back! Haven't' been recently will need to make a pilgrimage soon. I have heard many good things about it recently.
    Cheers
    Aled

Ah the Talbot Hotel, 43 footsteps from my Bachelor pad overlooking the river Brenig, a lot more on the way back! Haven't' been recently will need to make a pilgrimage soon. I have heard many good things about it recently.
    Cheers
    Aled
    You will not be disappointed, it's voted one of the Top Ten in Wales! The really good thing about it is, it aint "posh" so it is very welcoming!!

What about the Gloucester game last night? Typical Glaws unfortunately, but I don't like this maul anymore than last year...how the bloody hell do you defend it?

Leicester are going to be a force again, along with Sarries, Wasps and Saints. But saying that, it could be very open....Newcastle beat Sale too....should be a right old scrap this year!!

Paul
    Last edited by Paul White; 03-09-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast