Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  87
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    mid Wales, just over the Shropshire border

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    So basically a double speycast using the wrong hand up from the left bank ?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Yes exactly, make sure that after you sweep upstream that your left hand travels below the line of your right elbow- otherwise you wonít get the canted angle on the downstream side to execute a nice snap forward. Youíre not pulling back the left hand to your left side either but bank to the right side to keep the angle....

Itís not elegant, but itís certainly effective, I can zap out a 35 yard cast with a 15fter doing this- the tail of the bridge pool on Dalswinton on the Nith was sometimes like this, downstream wind and left bank fishing with a long cast wanted....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    Yes exactly, make sure that after you sweep upstream that your left hand travels below the line of your right elbow- otherwise you wonít get the canted angle on the downstream side to execute a nice snap forward. Youíre not pulling back the left hand to your left side either but bank to the right side to keep the angle....

Itís not elegant, but itís certainly effective, I can zap out a 35 yard cast with a 15fter doing this- the tail of the bridge pool on Dalswinton on the Nith was sometimes like this, downstream wind and left bank fishing with a long cast wanted....
    Will give it a try next time I get out, hopefully this weekend

Had a bit of a practice left hand up today whilst out ont ribble. Just roll casts and jump rolls as suggested. Getting gradually better but I got bored after 10 minutes and went back to fishing Wind was OK today so proper hand up worked fine lol

Another practice today ! As most of you said it's muscle memory that's needed, its starting to come along now managed a couple of snake rolls today. I am just giving it 20 minutes at the end of my fishing at moment, just long enough to avoid boredom lol

Another practice today ! As most of you said it's muscle memory that's needed, its starting to come along now managed a couple of snake rolls today. I am just giving it 20 minutes at the end of my fishing at moment, just long enough to avoid boredom lol

Why don't you use the casting left hand up as a fishing session as well then you won't get bored. I do it all the time and never get bored.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    Why don't you use the casting left hand up as a fishing session as well then you won't get bored. I do it all the time and never get bored.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    I've tried this but end up spending more time undoing tangles and wind knots than swinging a fly

I've tried this but end up spending more time undoing tangles and wind knots than swinging a fly

Practice makes perfect.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567