Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Hardy Marksman Spin

Hello,
    im interested in the Hardy Marksman Spin 11ft. Has somebody fished that rod? and can say a few things about it?

thx..
    JaN

brilliant rods
    if you can bear to get them dirty!
    I'd love one

not worth the money, there is cheaper rods out there and just as good. have a look at daiwa rods, you will be impressed, why 11ft? i spin for salmon and use a 9ft

using for spinning a 10ft m2 greyflex. Im looking now for a new rod for fishing the prawn. And i heard only good things about the marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    using for spinning a 10ft m2 greyflex. Im looking now for a new rod for fishing the prawn. And i heard only good things about the marksman.
    I bought the 11 foot marksman earlier this year, after my B & W multispin broke after 25 years, and have nothing but praise for it. I would imagine with the prawn or shrimp it would be great as the tip is very sensitive. The rod comes with a rod case for protection and a lifetime guarantee.

I bought mine from Graham's in Inverness who gave me a great discount when asked to price match.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by topbeat View Post
    not worth the money, there is cheaper rods out there and just as good. have a look at daiwa rods, you will be impressed, why 11ft? i spin for salmon and use a 9ft
    Several reasons why I would choose the 11ft option. more control when fighting a fish, better line control and also very importantly it is easier to keep a spinner/lure fished deep if so required. Stand on a high bank with a 9ft rod and you will struggle to keep the spinner/lure down in the depths as the natural angle of retrieve brings it sharply towards the surface! In my opinion the longer rods outfish shorter rods every time and I include fly rods as well, in fact ANY type of rod, providing it is practical to use them!

Better line control and better to fight fish with an 11ft rod eh!, well we could argue all day about that, how is 11ft better than shorter rods? Never had a problem with 10ft, I agree with you if you need the extra length to overcome bank problems , but thats all. I have an 11ft rod and much prefer the 10ft for all round use, especially fishing the rapala, whe line control can really matter. The Hardy marksman looks a good rod, had a good look at them last time i was at Alnwick, tip and action look perfect unlike some of the 'poles' out there! BJA

MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY BUY THEM A RAPALA

Default How heavy

Hi.
    I`ve resantly bought an 11" marksman my self. Feels very nice when fishing. But have anyone tested it under a bit heavyer fishing?
    I mean, the action is incredible and the top is very soft. How does it hold up against a 20lb in a strong current? Or dosent it? Allmost got to test it against a 10lb this morning, but it slipped away. cant wait to put it to a real
    test! Hope i wont brake it though

Default Hardy Marksman Spinning Rods

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tawny View Post
    I bought the 11 foot marksman earlier this year, after my B & W multispin broke after 25 years, and have nothing but praise for it. I would imagine with the prawn or shrimp it would be great as the tip is very sensitive. The rod comes with a rod case for protection and a lifetime guarantee.

I bought mine from Graham's in Inverness who gave me a great discount when asked to price match.

Cheers
    Hi, Old Tawny,Thinking about the Hardy Marksman 11ft. Have you an update on this rod after this seasons efforts?
    Cheers Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Enigmatic Fisher View Post
    Hi, Old Tawny,Thinking about the Hardy Marksman 11ft. Have you an update on this rod after this seasons efforts?
    Cheers Terry.
    Hi Terry,

The rod has been well christened with several fish around the 16lb mark. The rod handles the fish well and keeps you well in touch. The rod is also excellent for fishing some of the very deep pools on the Tay eg. The Dungeon at Kercock with a 70gm weight and over 20ft in depth and still feeling every bump on the bottom. I haven't used it for worming yet but maybe next year. I also intend to use it with a braid setup which I think will be very good on the larger rivers. I use this with an abu multiplier set up and can cast the width of most beats on the tay where necessary.

Cheers

OT
    Last edited by Old Tawny; 27-11-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast