Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Macmartin Salmon 11' Spin Bait

Just aquired one of these its a 2 piece 11ft and was just wondering how good this rod is really?

I usually fish the Welsh Dee, Severn plus later on ill be fishing theRiver Esk & Irt (Lake District) and was wondering how it would cope any info would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie1808 View Post
    Just aquired one of these its a 2 piece 11ft and was just wondering how good this rod is really?

I usually fish the Welsh Dee, Severn plus later on ill be fishing theRiver Esk & Irt (Lake District) and was wondering how it would cope any info would be great.

Not good. i,ll relieve you of it. Seriously a brilliant rod. I,ve had one since they came out and i,ts coped with everything I,ve asked of it.

Makes the option of spinning, when the river is huge, almost enjoyable! A great rod.

Quote Originally Posted by redshrimp View Post
    Not good. i,ll relieve you of it. Seriously a brilliant rod. I,ve had one since they came out and i,ts coped with everything I,ve asked of it.
    Lol you had me for a minute there I thought oh **** iv been an idiot
    Thanx for your oppinion looking forward to the 16th even more now

One more qusetion, I might be having a day or two on the South Tyne later on in the year and from what I heard down the grapevine a couple of blokes from the club im in went there and hooked a lot of fish had a few but lost a good few and they had thier hooks bent by big fish!

I did get one of these just incase -

Got the 13ft version because ill be mostly worming but im a bit unsure to spin with the Mac or do you think I would be ok?
    Last edited by arnie1808; 07-06-2015 at 07:22 PM.

I have 4 of the 11' and a 12' mac. 12' is for big water worming and the 11'ers are for everything else. They will handle anything you can throw at them and still come back for more.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Your 11ft will be excellent for spinning. Wish I could source another one.

Thanx for the advice and if I see another one for sale ill give you a shout.

I have an 11ft 3 piece and it's excellent compared to anything else, only thing is a little soft for really big rivers ie lower tay but most others it's perfect

Yeah when I felt it I thought it felt like a cracking rod but as you say a little light for big rivers thats why I bought the Daiwa Exceler but I don't seem to be able to find out much about it . The closest I can find to it is the Whisker which is the only other 13 foot bait/spin which has the same casting weight but not sure if its a similar blank or not?

I have got 3 piece mcmartin nice rod, but i love my 11ft 2lbs test curve north western.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast